• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Slow and steady weight loss? I think not

500 calories a day. What else is going to happen but lose weight. You are essentially not even eating anything. Long term results after crash dieting aren't usually great.

Uhuh.

Jamesyboi: that is alternate day fasting. People typically look at their total weekly intake instead of daily. You can still severely undereat doing this obviously. Metabolism is not going to crash from one day of low/no cals but over time being in an extreme deficit it will definitely slow down.

In my opinion IIFYM is eating sensibly from day to day and very sustainable because it fits into normal eating and a normal life.

100% spot on.

seriously guys, for those thinking that 500kcals per day is a way to go, please take it from someone who did that for years - it totally trainwrecked my metabolism. Took ages to get it right again.

Plus it's pretty hard to get all your micros from such low kcals over a period of time ... you will end up malnourished as well.

Unless you're competing or simply experimenting out of interest, what is so hard about just eating sensibly day to day, exercising regularly and not making the consumption and timing of food harder than it needs to be? .......
Be gone with you, you wacky wacker
there's no room for common sense around here

:D

Extended dieting fucks with my head
Nobody said this way was the best way, or the only way, just that it was the fasted

I was a daily opiate user for the best part of two years. Took pretty much whatever I could get my hands on, including heroin but never injected. I'd drink a lot of poppy tea because it kept me high for 12 hours. So I'd be able to have some before bed and wake up high to take more drugs and then drink some tea before work and be fine until I could get home and get high again

April 2010 I gave that up. Just stopped, cold turkey and have never touched an opiate again to this day. That was easier than dieting.
:eek: