• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I have $300 to splurge on expanding my home gym and I'm tied between a GHR (basic but can also do hypers on it) or bigger sets of kettlebells 24kg, 28kgs, 32kgs (to do UDL's at home, I have the strap that holds them together and tthe boxes for height)
Really undecided......... I am set for plates now.

GHR for sure. Man I am jelly want one so bad.

I'm leaning towards GHR..... Cyberfit $445, going to play on it tomorrow, might have to have extra holes drilled in for being a Shorty, Trent had to get the PTC ghr customised to suit me.
Just chatted with another coach, he said GHR too......:)

Trojan fitness Joondalup, it's NOT a commercial rack by any stretch, but it was cheap, rated to 370kg, came with dip handles and since Im fifo it will only be used 3 or 4 times a month, it suited me perfectly!! Best of all, I picked it up on the day!!!

Certainly handled the weighted dip ok!

I bought and put together my Glute Hamstring Developer for my home gym, purchased from cyberfit for a steal, super easy to assemble and every part fit perfect, no mucking around! Did a little play on it this afternoon, seems very sturdy. Will do a review after Nationals when I'm back in the full swing of training.
3aa41de2-0a1a-561a.jpg

I bought and put together my Glute Hamstring Developer for my home gym, purchased from cyberfit for a steal, super easy to assemble and every part fit perfect, no mucking around! Did a little play on it this afternoon, seems very sturdy. Will do a review after Nationals when I'm back in the full swing of training.
3aa41de2-0a1a-561a.jpg

I'm very jelly. Let me know how it stacks up compared to a force one.

That looks like a lower back developer (hyperextension bench) to me:confused:

I have the Samson version at home I picked up for a steal:)

100_7165.jpg

100_6304.jpg

IMG_09731.jpg

IMG_09741.jpg

MMPR with high / low pulley
Oly Bar
Preacher Bar
Random attatchments
Fat Gripz
Flat Bench
Dip Belt
Chinup / dip station.
Oly dumbell handles
Gym rings
Ab wheel
10kg Weight vest
4 x 20's
6 x 10's
4 x 5's
4 x 2.5
4 x 1.25's
Micro plates

nice selection of hammers :)

Big Mick, GHR is a bit different movement (note the pad is rounderer)
glute-exercises_1335551862.jpg

compared to
wrk_str_backext.jpg

Last edited:
3aa41de2-0a1a-561a.jpg

Did you manage to get it on a decent buy?

That looks like a lower back developer (hyperextension bench) to me:confused:

Definately Glute ham developer. However you can do hyper extentions with an adjustment of the foot bars. Haven't tried this.

@Brick, will definately let you know.

@Goo, nice little dungeon!:cool:

Ooh, want ghr too. @deep, I'm interested in a review of the cyberfit. That seems like a great price you got it for, most seem to be >$600. Can you do reverse hypers, too?

@kfg - nice mate. Any plans to expand? Weight tree perhaps?

Last edited:
Ooh, want ghr too. @deep, I'm interested in a review of the cyberfit. That seems like a great price you got it for, most seem to be >$600. Can you do reverse hypers, too??
Yes you can. You can also use a powerband around the feet of the machine to increase the tension.
[YOUTUBE]Fe_nvFm-a08[/YOUTUBE]

I like machines that serve alot of purpose, I was originally looking to get a hyperextension bench..... what was I thinking!
I'll throw my husband on over the weekend to see how it handles a 100kg man! Lol

@Goo, nice little dungeon!:cool:
Thank you kind mam.

@kfg - nice mate. Any plans to expand? Weight tree perhaps?

Thank you kind sir. Um, probably getting a incline/decline bench with homo leg curl etc to get more bang for my buck... Havn't thought about a weight tree though, dont really mind it how it is to be honest.

Forgot to add i've got some 'dope' speakers which l can hook my ipod up to.

Is there any advantage to having the bench press as opposed to a standalone bench that you push inside your rack when benching?