• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
rackg.jpg

weights.jpg

Nothing special but it gets the job done. Owes me a little over a grand.

Got the welder out yesterday and got busy making a dumbbell rack and modifying some of my recent purchases. Photos to follow, paint is still drying at the moment. :)

IMG_20120418_205151.jpg

Guess what I'm training tomorrow?!?! Lol

YEEEEEAH! MAAAAD! OK!?!

IMG_20120320_223915.jpg

My new toy

Where do you find this gear?? Let me know if you ever want to sell or find more!!

Still looking for a Samson adjustable incline sit up board as well!

Picked up a Samson preacher attachment for $20 the other day, it's the frame only, needs a new board and padding, but that's easily done.

Last edited:
Made dumbbell rack for my dumbbell and kettle bells and just made the handles on my dip station bigger diameter, as they were too thin for my liking (big hands). Nothing major, but something that has been annoying me or a while. :)

Last edited:
Spend the day yesterday doing a few things to my home gym....

Some steel:

IMG_1591.jpg

A bit of welding:

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1614.jpg

Some paint:

IMG_1616.jpg

And all done two dumbbell racks:

5lb to 40lb dumbbells

IMG_1617.jpg

45lb to 55lb dumbbells as well as my Kettle bells:

IMG_1624.jpg

Dip handles increased in diameter from 24mm to 35mm by welding some thick wall pipes over the original handles, feels much better on my hands now:

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

Added a cable retainer peg to my lat pulldown/seated row attachment to keep the spare cable secure and out of the way:

IMG_1631.jpg

IMG_1630.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

And finally my Samson preacher attachment frame I picked up the other day for $20, just need to add the board and some padding, easily done next time around.

IMG_1634.jpg

Big Mick - Awesome handy work, might have to get you around my place for an afternoon :p

Brick - the wooden rack that your plates sit in, did you make that?

Spend the day yesterday doing a few things to my home gym....

Some steel:

IMG_1591.jpg

A bit of welding:

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1614.jpg

Some paint:

IMG_1616.jpg

And all done two dumbbell racks:

5lb to 40lb dumbbells

IMG_1617.jpg

45lb to 55lb dumbbells as well as my Kettle bells:

IMG_1624.jpg

Dip handles increased in diameter from 24mm to 35mm by welding some thick wall pipes over the original handles, feels much better on my hands now:

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

Added a cable retainer peg to my lat pulldown/seated row attachment to keep the spare cable secure and out of the way:

IMG_1631.jpg

IMG_1630.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

And finally my Samson preacher attachment frame I picked up the other day for $20, just need to add the board and some padding, easily done next time around.

IMG_1634.jpg

BIG MICK MASTER OF THE WELDER they look sick bro, especially the Dumbell rack, looks heaps better than having the bells on the floor......like mine, lol great work

How long did the rack take? Soon you'll be making your own gym equipment!

BIG MICK MASTER OF THE WELDER they look sick bro, especially the Dumbell rack, looks heaps better than having the bells on the floor......like mine, lol great work

How long did the rack take? Soon you'll be making your own gym equipment!

Took a few hours I guess,but I work slow:p

Was sick of having the dumbbells all over the floor as well, been wanting to do this fore ages, easy to do really, just have to do it.

Not much mate, fix the preacher attachment, but not too worried about it as it has more novelty value to me rather than real value if that makes sense.

I will eventually clean up and repaint all the outdoor pieces of gym equipment and move them into the rumpus room inside, still looking for a few pieces of equipment as well, may be a leg press and calf machine, not essential but will grab them at the right price and one of those old style Samson adjustable incline sit up boards.....funny thing is I used to have one when I was about 18, sold it or gave it away (can't remember now) when I got married and moved into a townhouse, lucky I kept my lifting cage and bench press and all my weights all these years:)