• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
That's a sweet gym setup. I had one of those ABC bars as well and it was a near perfect match to the eleiko comp bar, for about 1/4 the price. I got the one with the aggressive knurl.

Nice deads platform too.

Thanks mate. Yeah, I went with the Deep Fine knurl, and am extremely happy with - probably going to pick up another one, or a Rogue Ohio Power Bar. Would love if I could find a comparison between the two.

Cheers re the platform. Have considered rebuilding it with a Grade A lacquered top, but the carpet better replicates the platform. Just gotta get around to the steel wrap.

The power rack platform is four sheets of 1800x900 yellow tongue flooring screwed together. Thing is a monster.

05ba809c33e5d6c84c02bc5a718a7f33.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks good mate - how do you find that bench from raw? Almost bought one.

i do like the look of it.

those plates look good, all you now need is a plate (toaster) rack

Yeah mate that's next on the list. Might try to make a couple of them tomorrow. And yes black of course!

Looks good mate - how do you find that bench from raw? Almost bought one.

It's very solid, but I wouldn't mind a slightly wider pad. The benches I'm used to are 30cm wide. Can't complain though.

Yeah mate that's next on the list. Might try to make a couple of them tomorrow. And yes black of course!

It's very solid, but I wouldn't mind a slightly wider pad. The benches I'm used to are 30cm wide. Can't complain though.

Yeah, didn't think it looked super wide...

My home gym... most of it bought (Gumtree) and installed over the last 6 -8 weeks

Trojan Rack & FID Bench (with Lat, dip & Pec attachments), Armourtech Bar & 150KG Bumper Weights.... 2 old Orbit benches (modified), 200+ KGs of standard weights, 2nd Olympic bar (cheap), various barbells & dumbbells (large set can hold up to 50KGs of 5KG plates, each)... Ezi Curl bar (standard), Bicep/Tricep Bar (Olympic). York X301 Cross-trainer. Flat Kinetix Bench, Small Orbit Flat/Incline bench (foldable).... rubber mats and various other bits.

... tried to post pics but can't yet (too few posts), so I'll do that later.

Finally after all this time the construction of my home gym is starting..... Gave the concreter the go ahead today and he will hopefully have the slab for my gym done by the end of this month or early next month.

Ordered the shed this arvo also, about a six week turn around, with some luck it will be all build before christmas.

Not sure if I have posted this up before, I did this a few weeks ago, the build pad for the gym waiting for the slab, put the water tank in as well and ran power, still waiting on a few more truck loads of dirt once the slab is done to smooth out the angle a bit to make it easier on the ride on mower, still a bit steep at the moment....

Can't wait to have a dedicated place to train, it will have all my gym equipment in one place under cover, with TV, DVD, stereo, fridge, cardio area, mats, punching bags as well as an out door training area.

Last edited:
Finally after all this time the construction of my home gym is starting..... Gave the concreter the go ahead today and he will hopefully have the slab for my gym done by the end of this month or early next month.

Ordered the shed this arvo also, about a six week turn around, with some luck it will be all build before christmas.

Not sure if I have posted this up before, I did this a few weeks ago, the build pad for the gym waiting for the slab, put the water tank in as well and ran power, still waiting on a few more truck loads of dirt once the slab is done to smooth out the angle a bit to make it easier on the ride on mower, still a bit steep at the moment....

Can't wait to have a dedicated place to train, it will have all my gym equipment in one place under cover, with TV, DVD, stereo, fridge, cardio area, mats, punching bags as well as an out door training area.

Sounds outstanding. The only things that I can think that you haven't got on your list of inclusions is a pie warmer and a sauna! (note these should be different items for hopefully obvious reasons)

Looks like a tidy unit, what brand is it??

It's from Raw Fitness Equipment. Very solid and great price. Not a huge fan of that style of hook, but you might be able to find some nicer J hooks that fit it. Overall I'm really happy with it.

Sounds outstanding. The only things that I can think that you haven't got on your list of inclusions is a pie warmer and a sauna! (note these should be different items for hopefully obvious reasons)

I am thinking spa bath, and bar...

But that would be counterproductive.:D

Now I might add sauna to that list, not a huge pie eater, but love a good BBQ.

I am thinking spa bath, and bar...

But that would be counterproductive.:D

Now I might add sauna to that list, not a huge pie eater, but love a good BBQ.
Sauna is something I've been planning to put into my home gym when we build our place. Only thing is, I've never tried one of the Infrared Saunas that can be had for low $$ and power, and a hot rock is a lot of money, time and power.

I would love a pie warmer (also for sausage rolls) and then once I got it I would hate it. I eat pies/s rolls less than once a month, but always want to eat them...

Sauna is something I've been planning to put into my home gym when we build our place. Only thing is, I've never tried one of the Infrared Saunas that can be had for low $$ and power, and a hot rock is a lot of money, time and power.

Yes it would be a killer power bill to run a sauna.

Got a call this morning, concreter is kicking of at 7am tomorrow morning, I am getting excited, concrete should be all done next week weather permitting.

Shed is about three weeks away, looks like I will definitely have a gym build before Christmas.:)