• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
They cost about as much to feed, per week, as my wife & I do... lol. But the trick is to buy in bulk... they all have different stuff, so I'll buy 10kg sacks of kibble and get them scraps/offal and tripe from my butcher. If we go hunting, the big boy and Ava get some of whatever we catch... Mila hasn't had a chance to try it yet, but Key Lime & Feathers don't have that instinct.

Treats are pig/donkey/boar ears, trotters, rawhide, etc.
I don't really buy commercial stuff, so I'm not sure if that brings the cost up/down.

Considering they're 5 pretty hungry dogs, it's not that bad.

Photo of Baxter in negative...

ubety2e7.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Your dog looks like Bane, when in negative...

sc72qc.jpg

Lol.

Lol

I might actually take up your idea of feeding them people. Seems more economical and eco-friendly.

Although most people don't approach the door when they're greeted with this...

px2q1.jpg

I actually have a hard time getting the Fed-Ex guys to even deliver me stuff. Lol.

I miss having a place where I had dogs.

How much can you get a yard for these days? $300k is probably the absolute minimum....

Do you think it's cruel to keep dogs when you're at work half the day? I thought so once but now I don't.

Dogs need a yard and grass and dirt to dig. Its cruel to keep them inside or in a cement backyard.
Dogs have kept a lot of their natural instincts.
I keep my Jack Russell inside but she has a share of supervised yard running/digging/physio etc due to her disk disease, even this kills me to see her confined and we are on half an acre.

They do need some good time on asphalt/cement, too... helps wear down the claws naturally. My dogs have very little time on asphalt, because we live on land surrounded by woodland, and I'm constantly clipping their nails because of it.

Also, none of them dig, even though they've never been discouraged from doing it. A lot of 'doggie experts' say that if your dog is digging, depending on the breed, he's bored and probably lacking socialization.

My mastiff dug holes to cool down in summer.
All my dogs had to have thier nails clipped as my yard is grass only. I couldn't walk either my dogs so they never wore down.

Oh really? that's interesting from a mastiff.

I know spitz-type dogs do it to cool down because of their long, thick fur & undercoat.

I really want a Neo, but my wife has told me we can't have any more dogs until we've had children :p

Oh really? that's interesting from a mastiff.

I know spitz-type dogs do it to cool down because of their long, thick fur & undercoat.

I really want a Neo, but my wife has told me we can't have any more dogs until we've had children :p
My Mastiff had short hair but thick, he suffered from the heat and we had to provide a wading pool and buckets of water. All my mature trees have massive holes under them.

I had a Neo, her name was Jess. Unfortunately she didn't get along with my Mastiff and we found her a new home. They are beautiful creatures.

Ahh, I always forget how warm it is over there... that makes sense. I can/could forgive big holes in the yard from a mastiff... they're so gorgeous & loving. And faithful.

I say I want a Neo especially, but I love the big "unusual" breeds... big blue Neapolitan fits that, perfectly :p
I was looking at a Rhodesian Ridgeback before we picked up Mila. Not many red Dobermans go to pounds, even fewer Ridgebacks... and so few people know how to look after them right, or have the environment to raise them properly... more so than the mixed/more common breeds.

Jess :)
ybe2ysen.jpg

Big holes unfortunately are part and parcel of owning a dog. We tried everything to stop him but it was his instinct to dig a hole to feel the cool earth.

Aw man. She's adorable... those faces <3

Did you have your mastiff from a pup?

No, both the Neo and Bull Mastiff were rescues. Jackson we got aged 5, Jess was 3. Both were set in thier ways by this age but both smart dogs.

Your dogs are gorgeous!

Hard to find at a pound, I bet. But the ones that are hard to find are the ones most in need of rescue, imo. Takes a special type of person to treat a dog like that properly :)

Thanks, we got a mixed bag with breeds, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

There's a Neo x Bull Terrier pup at a pound near me that I'm thinking of adopting. Big boy already.

Bet he looks interesting, in the face, lol.

How old is he? with the big ones it's pretty important to get them socializing when they're young.