• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Shoulders

Fuck this shit annoys me. OP military press till you have a 20kg plate on each side of the bar and can get 10 reps out with no leg drive.

Then look in the mirror and like magic impressive shoulders.

No way, cant be that simple surely.

Why do you pre-exhaust?

He's using 5kg dumbells for laterals which suggests beginner to me, I wouldn't think anything special is required.

Why do I Pre-exhaust?

Because I like the feel of it, I like the results, I like the change.

And most of all it works for me, i love fatiguing the muscle on a single joint exercise that doesn't really get worked on a multi joint exercise to the same degree and feeling that muscle burn with pain that you don't experience when just doing the multi joint exercise.

But the key is, you need to move extremely quickly between the two and one set is enough on the Pre-exhaust, if you need two, you didn't go hard or heavy enough.

After you've been doing workouts consistently for thirty years you like to try different things.

And lastly, Who gives a shit whether he or she is a beginner, I'd say they have got a few years to work out what works for them.

Using the old blanket statement " biuld a base" is not helpful to a young bloke who is keen to experiment.

You know, it's really all about the journey, not the destination in my view.

Fuck this shit annoys me. OP military press till you have a 20kg plate on each side of the bar and can get 10 reps out with no leg drive.

Then look in the mirror and like magic impressive shoulders.

Fluffy I'm inclined to agree... in fact this is probably the best advice in this thread, and the one the OP should pay the most attention to.

I've just always added side raises and reverse flyes because I wasn't sure I was hitting them with a close grip OHP where my arms were out to the front.

I tried doing only lateral raises and fly type movements to start with when I was doing weights and got shit progress until I re-focussed on getting stronger and lifting more weights on the compound movements.

The one thing I think that everyone has neglected to ask is the OP's weight? If he's using 5kg DB's and think his front and rear delts get hyyyuuge after a few sets I think something's amiss.

Rix - Give us some more stats if you don't mind. Current weight, height and lifts would be good. I know this is the BB forum and 1RM's dont really matter, but just to check what this guy is using.