• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

short rest vs long rest between sets

Yeah I think he's possibly just had some powerlifting affecionados tell him to squat in order to build his biceps, or something.

I love the youtube video of Kai Greene which has him take a pretty big guy and get the guy to concentrate on form. Gets him doing sets of 70kg on bench, really slowly. It's not about the weight guys! Then one of the youtube links that gets provided to you at the end of the video is Kai Greene repping 225kg on incline bench press.

Yeah I think he's possibly just had some powerlifting affecionados tell him to squat in order to build his biceps, or something.

I love the youtube video of Kai Greene which has him take a pretty big guy and get the guy to concentrate on form. Gets him doing sets of 70kg on bench, really slowly. It's not about the weight guys! Then one of the youtube links that gets provided to you at the end of the video is Kai Greene repping 225kg on incline bench press.

Yup...

Surprise surprise... BBing is PLing... PLing is BBing.....

Exceptions being g string and diet????

but why are you so sure that they do not train also like bodybuilders?

It's amazing
This guy can actually refute that bodybuilders and powerlifters train in identical ways while saying that bodybuilders and powerlifters could be training in identical ways

your posting a heap of stupid clips so ill post one of my own.

[YOUTUBE]Ronnie Coleman 800lb Deadlift! - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

A bodybuilder lifting heavy. somebody tell him hes got no idea what hes doing, thats too heavy and too few reps to bodybuild.

ok

[YOUTUBE]IxDpQB6iVY4[/YOUTUBE]

4:05+ - Ronnie speaks himself. Oh yeah, he is just lying about high reps being better for building muscle. Why the hell would you post a show-off video, does not mean anything.

Last edited:
It's amazing
This guy can actually refute that bodybuilders and powerlifters train in identical ways while saying that bodybuilders and powerlifters could be training in identical ways

bodybuilders do not have to train like powerlifters. Only if you enjoy doing singles, doubles of tripples. But physiologically, you do not need to train with heavy-ass weight to build muscle.

Muscle is built by staying in moderate load zone, keeping form and adding weight to the bar in the same rep range as you progress

Ronnie is saying that the weight is not important in body building
This is EXACTLY the same with strength training. The weight is not important. Only the difficulty of the set to get the desired training effect. All that matters in powerlifting is that you can perform at the meet. By the looks of Ronnie's 800lb deadlift and Kai Green being able to rep 220kg on the incline press please tell me how their training is any different to a powerlifters?

The only difference is diet and the choice of drugs used

bodybuilders do not have to train like powerlifters. Only if you enjoy doing singles, doubles of tripples. But physiologically, you do not need to train with heavy-ass weight to build muscle.

Muscle is built by staying in moderate load zone, keeping form and adding weight to the bar in the same rep range as you progress

I'm curious
What do you think powerlifting training looks like? Because what you described as a bodybuilding philosophy looks hella like training for powerlifting

Coleman repped out 12 reps with 200 lbs dumbbells. But that is just because this is light for him and he is still training in that hypertrophy zone while keeping his form good.

Coleman could grab 350 lb dumbbells and do 3 reps with that weight. But does it mean it was enough to stimulate his muscles to grow?

Fuck! Then some bodybuilders mustn't train like bodybuilders either cos I know of some pros who just like to move heavy weight with nasty-ass form...

The motto of this is that there is no set way for either to train, there is just emphasis in different areas.

NO EL FREAKO POWERLIFTING IS NOTHING LIKE BODYBUILDING AT ALL XD

NCE4nqUhOijDnv3PNMxnJFGn6I53Ic37PszjSmpXLE8.jpg

This size and condition could never be achieved in powerlifting. Oh wait the owner of these legs has an all time squat record!

851743.1134655353324.DSCN0115.JPG

Terrible,,, would never win a powerlifting meet

l.jpg

If this guy could squat 345kg I would eat my hat!

I'm curious
What do you think powerlifting training looks like? Because what you described as a bodybuilding philosophy looks hella like training for powerlifting

powerlifters train with singles, doubles, triples- that is to excel in their one-rep max lifts.

Bodybuilders train with higher volume, go to failure, work the muscle not the weight. Bodybuilders do more isolations. Bodybuilders work in the moderate rep-range and do not chase after the numbers on the bar.

powerlifters train with singles, doubles, triples- that is to excel in their one-rep max lifts.

Bodybuilders train with higher volume, go to failure, work the muscle not the weight. Bodybuilders do more isolations. Bodybuilders work in the moderate rep-range and do not chase after the numbers on the bar.

You be trolling or you be fucking retarded. I'm not sure.