• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Serratus anterior help clarification ?

McFLy

super m0derator
Hi most places say that pull overs and shrug dips plus serratus swing hangs work the serratus

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ChestWt.html#anchor682036[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]This site pretty much says the opposite !! I really want clarification on this as my body fat is getting low and I want to emphasise more on them. For years I though back movements worked them as they look like part of the lats but it appears its more related to chest work. [/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT][FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serratus_anterior_muscle[/FONT][FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]Here it calls the boxing muscle so I'm guessing exrx is right and its the top end of the chest movements eg incline press,could also be the reason I feel like slight sore lats after incline bench sometimes wit DOMS [/FONT]

The serratus are involved with locking out overhead and shrugging in that position
I think if you're worried about your serratus you're prob. focusing on the wrong details

The serratus are involved with locking out overhead and shrugging in that position
I think if you're worried about your serratus you're prob. focusing on the wrong details

I am focussing on its mainly for show coz my body fat is getting low and the fingers wrapped around look awesome. It can also help improve bench press herd another great link I just came across [FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://shongrosse.com/2012/01/serratus-anterior-training-progressions/[/FONT]

as oni said over head shrugs. the serratus work to control the shoulder blades.

get the bar into an overhead press lockout and then just shrug your shoulders right up rinse and repeat. this should get them working

as oni said over head shrugs. the serratus work to control the shoulder blades.

get the bar into an overhead press lockout and then just shrug your shoulders right up rinse and repeat. this should get them working

Even with no weight I get a pump in em thanks to u and ONI :)

good work! i make sure i include the extension as part of my shoulder press.

another one you can do is called "push up plus" essentially its a regular push up then at the top where you would normally stop you extend you shoulders forward to push up a bit further, once again its a small shrug to fully stetch them out.

good work! i make sure i include the extension as part of my shoulder press.

another one you can do is called "push up plus" essentially its a regular push up then at the top where you would normally stop you extend you shoulders forward to push up a bit further, once again its a small shrug to fully stetch them out.

u got a good YouTube link of that man?

Last edited: