• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

See abs at what body fat %

The photo I posted on page 2 was me 2 weeks ago with the calipers showing 13%. I'm more than happy to hear if this looks correct.

The main thing is that body fat is dropping at the moment, so continuing to work hard and hopefully get to what I'm predicting.

Yep, looks about right to me :)

I have found a 3 point caliper test (with pro calipers) to be about 2% lower than all of my dexa scans fwiw. And yes, dexa's still have an element of uncertainty as they can be calibrated. Hydration levels change things also. Speaking of that, I'm heading in for my scan tomorrow. REALLY want to see a 5.xx! :D

To the OP: it depends on your genetics also. Guys "typically" need to be around 10% to get some visible abs. Some girls can actually still be higher BF% but have fairly visible abs because of fat distribution.

And then there is the difference between visible abs and shredded abs.

Yep, looks about right to me :)

I have found a 3 point caliper test (with pro calipers) to be about 2% lower than all of my dexa scans fwiw. And yes, dexa's still have an element of uncertainty as they can be calibrated. Hydration levels change things also. Speaking of that, I'm heading in for my scan tomorrow. REALLY want to see a 5.xx! :D

To the OP: it depends on your genetics also. Guys "typically" need to be around 10% to get some visible abs. Some girls can actually still be higher BF% but have fairly visible abs because of fat distribution.

And then there is the difference between visible abs and shredded abs.

I'd have to agree with all of that

Thanks guys I was originally skinny fat so there may be some genetics there as well. For those interested I got the result from my PT using calipers. He did the same tests at each stage using 8 spots on the body. Originally at 21% now 15.9%

I guess pictures/the mirror doesn't lie. Take photos when you get tested. You'll be surprised when you compare them side by side.

A dexa scan is accurate though, you won't receive different results as there is no human error... A caliper test (especially a 4 point one) is not accurate....

KFG does not believe your 13% is correct. KFG will even go as far as to be a 'bro' and post a pic of himself at 16ish% bodyfat later on this arvo.
>16% checking in

I'm getting skin fold test done for police recruiting either tomorrow or next week. I'll post up results with a picture. I can 'see' my abs, but I'm a fair way off a '6 pack'. (In my opinion)

I'm getting skin fold test done for police recruiting either tomorrow or next week. I'll post up results with a picture. I can 'see' my abs, but I'm a fair way off a '6 pack'. (In my opinion)

Good luck with the police recruiting dude.

btw - where do cops source their gear? ;)

Do they just help themselves to the 'evidence' collected from raids etc.. ?

I have one of those annoying physiques where my bf% needs to be ultra low to see my abs. Typically sub 8% for me.

the plus side of this I guess, is I am quite vascular, and have good separation through my arms, delts and legs at 20%, and start to see feathered triceps and calves at 12-15%

i am the ultimate cortisol body fat distribution pattern.

If you ever come across some high grade 'evidence' that is no longer required by our fine force and need the shelf space, I may be able help.

I think he's probably just a different physique to you. Doesn't look like he holds much fat in front of his abs, where some people do

Ps, it's in the wank bank now KFG

16% looks about right. You can see your abs, but the rest of your body doesn't have much definition. It just shows that everyone has a different body composition.