• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

See abs at what body fat %

It's a lot easier to drop bulk percentage in the teens or higher than when you start getting in to the nitty gritty under 10%. Look at JZ, he was a shave under 7% and was ripped to the shit house. He makes it look easy but it ain't!

Whats the technique for measuring fat with callipers? I am in the mood for pinching myself and doing some maths.

Try find a 14 spot BF test... It's probably the most accurate you can get with calipers but you need someone else to do it...

Whats the technique for measuring fat with callipers? I am in the mood for pinching myself and doing some maths.
There are a few different ways. This is what I used.

bf2_1411349313-6613.jpg

Here's the link.
Body Fat Calculator

As I keep saying, I don't currently have a 10% reading. That's what I'm trying to get to by the end of the weekend.

I'm not the one conducting the skin fold test. The tester is using method 4; I'm just going off the data they provide to me. I'm sure if I got a DEXA scan done, you'll all be asking for references from 3 other DEXA pods.

As I keep saying, I don't currently have a 10% reading. That's what I'm trying to get to by the end of the weekend.

I'm not the one conducting the skin fold test. The tester is using method 4; I'm just going off the data they provide to me. I'm sure if I got a DEXA scan done, you'll all be asking for references from 3 other DEXA pods.

post a photo mate, the Bros here, using the latest and most advanced broscience technology available, will tell you your true BF%

He did [MENTION=12395]Grunta[/MENTION] ; posts them regularly in his log as well.

Dexa's aren't the be all, end all (they can still be inaccurate) but a lot more reliable than getting pinched in a few spots... may even be water retention than outright fat in some spots.

He did @Grunta ; posts them regularly in his log as well.

Dexa's aren't the be all, end all (they can still be inaccurate) but a lot more reliable than getting pinched in a few spots... may even be water retention than outright fat in some spots.

I'll check em out and give you my totaly unqualified and purely based on my opinion final verdict on this debate. ;)

post a photo mate, the Bros here, using the latest and most advanced broscience technology available, will tell you your true BF%
The photo I posted on page 2 was me 2 weeks ago with the calipers showing 13%. I'm more than happy to hear if this looks correct.

The main thing is that body fat is dropping at the moment, so continuing to work hard and hopefully get to what I'm predicting.

The photo I posted on page 2 was me 2 weeks ago with the calipers showing 13%. I'm more than happy to hear if this looks correct.

The main thing is that body fat is dropping at the moment, so continuing to work hard and hopefully get to what I'm predicting.

Looks correct, as soon as looked at the pic I yelled, 'nigga 13'

A dexa scan is accurate though, you won't receive different results as there is no human error... A caliper test (especially a 4 point one) is not accurate....

KFG does not believe your 13% is correct. KFG will even go as far as to be a 'bro' and post a pic of himself at 16ish% bodyfat later on this arvo.