• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

safe tanning?

Tanning is activated by the production of melanin the basal layer of the skin when it is exposed to sunlight. I am white as anything and I never go in the sun in the middle of the day and/or without 30+ UVA/UVB sunscreen on. I have tanned this summer. It just happens more slowly :)

I love fake tan too. There are some great products out there that are easy to use. My two favourites are
-Sugarbaby self tanning foam (no streaks, dries fast, not orange) that develops in a few hours
- Dove Summer Glow gradual tanning lotion with a moisturiser, which is great because fake tans can dry out your skin.

If you are using fake tans, make sure to exfoliate before hand. For any tan, real or fake.. keep your skin moisturised to keep your tan. If its a fakey, avoid moisturisers with fragrances and stick to plain old favourites.

Also do test patches so you don't look orange. Different products can look vastly different depending on your skin undertones.

I have a natural tan that I've built up from last spring, just spending small amounts of time in the sun and going from there.

I thought this was a bodybuilding/powerlifting/being a big strong bad ass forum...

Your main goal from being in the sun should be soaking up that Vitamin D (natures steroid), not worrying about getting a pretty brown colour.

I thought this was a bodybuilding/powerlifting/being a big strong bad ass forum...

Your main goal from being in the sun should be soaking up that Vitamin D (natures steroid), not worrying about getting a pretty brown colour.

Lol, not sure if you've ever been to a bodybuilding show bud, but tanning is a pretty big part of it.

And besides, I'm not training to be a big strong bad ass. I'm training to be fit and healthy and strong my entire life. And to look good. And as a pale whitey, I don't look anywhere near as good as I do now.

Lol, not sure if you've ever been to a bodybuilding show bud, but tanning is a pretty big part of it.

And besides, I'm not training to be a big strong bad ass. I'm training to be fit and healthy and strong my entire life. And to look good. And as a pale whitey, I don't look anywhere near as good as I do now.

95% of people at bobybuilding shows use fake tan/contest color/dream tan.

Vitamin D is a massive part in being fit, strong and healthy.

Function > fashion

Well if you'd read my other thread, you'd know that I have a proper tan. Which is both functional and fashionable, and incidentally safe (ie didn't need skin damage to achieve).

I get regular vitamin D and would never (voluntarily) get a spray tan.