• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Yeah a little. QLD just have good experienced players in key positions and they turn rubbish sets into good ones with a good kick and chase, NSW need to stick with largely the same side next year and they will win.

Agree! They need to let their side gel and gain some experience together!

They played a good game tonight. A great decider!

Yeah i counted atleast two forward passes...
You cant blame farah or peirce or any one individual.
At times their attack looked like a school boy side, all bunched up and a little lost. They are pros, they all know where to be and when, but alas...
As was said above, it was a lack of execution, by almost everyone.

That's it. I'm emailing Ricky and coming out of retirement. I'll start training in May for the first game in June.

I'll offer myself as captain too.

Look out QLD

GROAR

That's it. I'm emailing Ricky and coming out of retirement. I'll start training in May for the first game in June.

I'll offer myself as captain too.

Look out QLD

GROAR

Yeah I tell myself this as well and justify it by saying i couldn't do any worse but in reality I would do a lot worse.

It was a pretty good series all round and a great last game..

Impartial viewer here so I don't really care who wins...

But the Hodges try should never have been given... Clear obstruction under the rules and just about any team would be called for exactly the same thing at the weekend... In saying that Farah instead of whinging about it should have been over there trying to tackle Hodges.. goose.

Pearce while shouldn't take the blame wholly, I think they need a better half back..

Great game.

Are there any beter gladiators than rugby players. Speed, strength, skill, and most important of all, immense courage.

Thought NSW were magnificent, and a bit unlucky.

Last edited:
Lots of talk here about the shepherd try. It didn't look good at first glance but there has to be a line between obstruction and a bad defensive read. In my opinion, the defender was not obstructed, he was fooled. He didn't get hit by the runner, he just chose to change direction to cover and wasn't quick enough to get back. I know I'm from Qld but I think my opinion would be the same if the situation was reversed because I'm not one of those who sees the entire world through a maroon haze.

I honestly think the rule was followed so the next point is, does the rule need to change? Should the rules compensate for thin numbers in defence and for bad reads in defence. I don't think so, if you want to win, get the men into position and make the right reads.

I don't get the feeling that Qld will get 8 series wins but that's ok by me because I like to see a contest. I lose interest if one side dominates for too long. This series was awesome from that point of view. At times NSW looked like a schoolboy side but they still did enough to get close. They are starting to get the job done in the few moments that count. That has always been a Qld thing so we might see some good games in the next series or two.

Lots of talk here about the shepherd try. It didn't look good at first glance but there has to be a line between obstruction and a bad defensive read. In my opinion, the defender was not obstructed, he was fooled. He didn't get hit by the runner, he just chose to change direction to cover and wasn't quick enough to get back. I know I'm from Qld but I think my opinion would be the same if the situation was reversed because I'm not one of those who sees the entire world through a maroon haze.

I honestly think the rule was followed so the next point is, does the rule need to change? Should the rules compensate for thin numbers in defence and for bad reads in defence. I don't think so, if you want to win, get the men into position and make the right reads.

I don't get the feeling that Qld will get 8 series wins but that's ok by me because I like to see a contest. I lose interest if one side dominates for too long. This series was awesome from that point of view. At times NSW looked like a schoolboy side but they still did enough to get close. They are starting to get the job done in the few moments that count. That has always been a Qld thing so we might see some good games in the next series or two.

After watching it again... I have to agree, it's just crazy that i've seen ones way more innocuous given no try.. Anyways..

Warriors win.. but need to start playing the full 80.

and Reds win.. just good weekend all round.

Former NRL star Craig Field charged with murder over alleged pub assault in Kingscliff

Mr Field, 39, and alleged accomplice Shaun Fathers, 41, were both charged with murder this afternoon following the alleged altercation with 50-year-old Kelvin Kane behind the Kingscliff Beach Hotel just before 9pm last night.

Mr Kane died in Tweed hospital this afternoon and Mr Field and Mr Fathers each had their grievous bodily harm charges upgraded to murder.

It is alleged an argument between the two parties inside the pub spilled into the back car park, where a scuffle erupted.

Neither Mr Field nor Mr Fathers, who sat expressionless throughout this afternoon’s court hearing, applied for bail.

The case was adjourned to Lismore court on August 21.

Mr Field, a veteran of 183 first grade rugby league games in Australia, is a Kingscliff local where he works as an electrician.

Field debuted for South Sydney in 1990 and was promoted to captain in 1994.

He also played for Manly-Warringah, Balmain and Wests Tigers.

His career highlights include the 1997 grand final which Manly lost to the Newcastle Knights 22-16 when Darren Albert famously scored the match winning try

024626-craig-field.jpg
413855-kingscliff-beach-hotel.jpg

Former NRL player Craig Field during a
Belrose Eagles v Narraweena Manly A Grade
competition game in Sydney in 2003. Pic:
Craig Greenhill Source: The Daily Telegraph

Former NRL star Craig Field charged with murder over alleged pub assault in Kingscliff | News.com.au

I heard this on the radio today. Not a good idea to give someone a belting. The murder charge is interesting too. I would have thought manslaughter would have been more likely unless there was something more to it.

There may be more Bull, but I would've thought murder is appropiate. King hitting some one can and has caused death, so entirely appropriate in my opinion.

Well murder implies there was ulterior motive or the perpetrator set out to kill or commit grevious bodily harm, which could lead to the death of another person.

I agree with bull, from what we've 'heard' manslaughter would be more appropriate - however, the devil is in the details. Maybe they had an altercation in the club? Maybe Craig was heard yelling "I'm gonna kill you" and followed the guy after the altercation was over, to give him a hiding?

In a situation like the above, a murder charge is appropriate. So they've obviously got grounds to charge him with that offence. It's bloody awful.

The poor man, RIP.

Regardless of altercations or disagreements, no one deserves to die for them. :(

Yes but bella, there was an intention to hurt him badly...
A king hit implies this. You dont accidentally hurt someone with a king hit, not do you just intend to hurt them a little bit...you intend to fuck their shit right up...
Therefore murder.

Yes but bella, there was an intention to hurt him badly...
A king hit implies this. You dont accidentally hurt someone with a king hit.
Therefore murder.

Oh I'm not disputing that. But I think the crux is whether the king hit was intentional and pre-empted, or whether it was a heat of the moment , rage filled accidental killing? (which sadly happens too often)!

Guys get drunk and do stupid things all the time, so do women. But there must have been some noted intention to harm or kill this particular man, prior to the punch taking place I would imagine?

I'm sure details will unfold in coming days and weeks.