• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Not even 8. Around 3-5 more like it.

Wot? First Grade NRL Players last longer than 3-5 years.

They tend to start First Grade early 20's or late Teens due to their superiority over the average Plodder. They retire around 30. Some albeit rare, last until around 35

Last edited:
2012 article from nrl.com. Average career is 43 games. LPS you are off your head if you think average careers are in the 10 year range. You are talking the elite. The exceptions.

I guess the average is dragged down by the guys who only come on when someone like your 6 AND 7 are out injured, then they play like 3 games and you never see them again...

Would be better looked at if you subtracted those players. Surely a regular first 13 player plays more games than that.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Yep, that's what I thought too Tim. Outliers bringing the average down.

I just looked for NRL Team Rosters and found this Wiki page listing each Team's Roster. A lot of Nigels there who would only be there in the hope of becoming a Regular but never making it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_NRL_team_squads

In 2018 the NRL is going to allow each Club to have 30 Players on the Roster with 6 more as development Players. I thought each Team currently had somewhere around 40 Players under the Cap. http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/56ec90c1e2d8b778f54b3285c4fc8b6e

You can't remove them, they make up more of the team list than the regular players! The fact is that the system (all competitive sports) takes a lot of players at young ages, pays them a half decent amount compared to what they would have been making as a student, apprentice or whatever else they were doing at 18 and likely moves them interstate for a few years until they're no longer required and spat out the back end.

For some, it may be better in the long term to stay in the local/state/country league, making a few bucks on the weekend but still focusing on a career outside of sport.

Yep, that's what I thought too Tim. Outliers bringing the average down.

I just looked for NRL Team Rosters and found this Wiki page listing each Team's Roster. A lot of Nigels there who would only be there in the hope of becoming a Regular but never making it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_NRL_team_squads

In 2018 the NRL is going to allow each Club to have 30 Players on the Roster with 6 more as development Players. I thought each Team currently had somewhere around 40 Players under the Cap. http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/56ec90c1e2d8b778f54b3285c4fc8b6e

Lol, at how bad you stuffed this and still trying to spin it that you are right. Outliers make the average. Outliers are on either side. It's funny you are happy with the outliers on the side that makes your point, 10+ year careers.

You were wrong and way wrong. Like I said, NRL careers are on average not very long and the figures back up what I said. Even Matty johns likes to say NRL stands for not real long. They have a very small window to make money, they are the best at what they do and in a sport that brings in a lot of cash. They should be played well. It's not a fucking charity, playing footy is a business.

I guess the average is dragged down by the guys who only come on when someone like your 6 AND 7 are out injured, then they play like 3 games and you never see them again...

Would be better looked at if you subtracted those players. Surely a regular first 13 player plays more games than that.

Come on Timmy. That's not an average then. Not all players are regular first 13 players. Not all players are superstars with 10+ year careers. That's not the reality of playing in the NRL and that's exactly my point. When people realize the realities of elite level sports and how brutal a career is they are often shocked. For many it's a poor move for them money wise because a 10+ career on big bucks isn't the norm for every player and theyve given up a lot.

Barry swingin lol.

It's certainly not "a few years" as you originally said. There would be more outliers on the small side than the large side.

Barry swingin lol.

It's certainly not "a few years" as you originally said. There would be more outliers on the small side than the large side.

Calling me out because I said a few years when you claimed 8-10 years. Haha.

4 point something years is the average career. Yes my few claim didn't give the exact figure and I'm sorry but it's a lot closer than 8-10. Lol.

If there are a lot of outliers on the short career side they are not outliers then are they. An outlier is a data point away from the main data set, lots of them means they are not outliers, they are the actual data set. Which adds to my point even further.

Last edited:
Calling me out because I said a few years when you claimed 8-10 years. Haha.

4 point something years is the average career. Yes my few claim wasnt exact and I'm sorry but it's a lot closer than 8-10. Lol. Just admit it. You were way wrong.

If there are a lot of outliers on the short career side they are not outliers then are they. An outlier is a data point away from the main data set, lots of them means they are not outliers, they are the actual data set. Which adds to my point even further.

Barry. The "average" kunt you see running around on the weekend on your Tellie will still be around in more than a few years, different Club maybe but still around. The Clubs bring in a lot of Rookies to trial and then discard. This would bring the "average" down.

Who made you an Internet Sensation - I did.
Who made Dairy Farming glamourous - I did.
Who made Cow Molesting acceptable - I did.

I made you I can break you!!!!

Last edited:
Barry. The "average" kunt you see running around on the weekend on your Tellie will still be around in more than 3-5 years, different Club maybe but still around. The Clubs bring in a lot of Rookies to trial and then discard. This would bring the "average" down.

Who made you an Internet Sensation - I did.
Who made Dairy Farming glamourous - I did.
Who made Cow Molesting acceptable - I did.

I made you I can break you!!!!

I Editied my post to not sound as kunty because I'm having a laugh with this and tone doesn't come across right in type but you got to it before hand. I actually don't give a fuck about this and the figures tell the story. The NRL players can look after themselves.

The dumb fucks on the street that think the average NRL player plays 10 years and then goes into the media and makes big bucks doesn't have a clue. That's not the reality of it.

For most they don't come out of it very well off over the long term.

You threatening my e rep now Haha. Don't take away the cow fucking acceptability. It's not molesting if they want it.

Rugby League & Rugby Union discussions.

If the Queenslanders think Darius Bennett is better than Slater then they have rocks in their head. Slater was brilliant last night.

Last edited:
Rugby League & Rugby Union discussions.

If the Queenslanders think Darius Bennett is better than Slater then they have rocks in their head. Slater was brilliant last night.

They were worried about his game time I think. That's why Mal didn't pick him for Australia.

What do you and [MENTION=7738]Timeah[/MENTION]; think about Napa and Papali in the Origin. I heard Scott Satler say that they (Napa and Papali) dominated the Forward battle in the first 15 minutes.
To me Napa needs other Big Boppers around him like at the Roosters, whereas Papali is built to be a smashing machine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Id like to see the Exact Same QLD squat take the field in game 2.

Even with Thurston, Inglis and Slater there would Qld win? I'm doubtful. Qld can't hold NSW in the Forwards even with Scott back.