• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I like the sound of Pocock at 8, Hooper at 7 and Fardy at 6. We have no shortage of second rowers and if the front row continues their form from the Spring Tour we'll be well set moving into next season!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Where do you fit Mowen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think you can play Pocock and Hooper as flankers, one of those guys needs to be a jumper for mine, which is why I would put Pocock at 8 and Fardy at 6. Higginbotham still hasn't shown the workrate required to earn a starting spot and I think that Mowen is just unlucky, but he'd be on my bench for sure.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

[MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION]; [MENTION=6618]spartacus[/MENTION]; or anyone.

What do you know about Steve Bowden, former Newtown Prop who put an arse whipping on Mark Broadhurst (former NZ HW Boxing Champ) in the 1981 Newtown v Manly Semi Final. He also ran security for Danny Green?

Not much. Why you ask?

Sent from my iPod touch from Pluto.

Just thought an old timer like yourself might know :D

I was watching abit of him on Youboob as I had a mate who was telling me about the Newtown/Manly 1981 Semi Final and whats regarded as one of the "worst" or "best" all ins in history.

Met Tommy Raudonikis once, had a neighbor who played with him. Good bloke to meet, real down too earth, wouldn't jump in one of his Taxis though :D

Well I was only 8 in 1981 so I can't remember the incident although I do remember the GF very well.

Sent from my iPod touch from Pluto.

Fuck classic.amazing how Broadhurst didn't get knocked out with that many punches landing. Poor Kunce.

How did Harltey come up with a Newtown penalty. LOL

Fuck classic.amazing how Broadhurst didn't get knocked out with that many punches landing. Poor Kunce.

How did Harltey come up with a Newtown penalty. LOL

Don't know. But the two knockdowns of Broadhurst were both headbutts by Bowden, they may have been the reason for the penalty and Bowden being the only one sent off. Bowden then missed the Qualifying Final and Grand Final through suspension.

A few years ago Tommy Raudonikis used to spar with the English Prop import the Brisbane Broncos had, saw him with a black eye one day. Even in his old age Tommy is/was still the "Warhorse" sparing with blokes half his age and twice his size! :eek:

Tommy's a clown. I can remember when he coached the NSW State of Origin team. Every time the camera focused on him he was smoking a durry. Must've smoke 2 packets in one night. lOL

Hooper over mowen any day, hooper and pockock is a pretty decent set of flankers

But that leaves you one less option in the lineout. Both good players tho.
I don't rate higginbotham. For his size and speed, he should be dominating. He had a good first year, but before his injury was ordinary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk