• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Correct. Ronnie Coleman was not natty up until 1995 because, and I can't emphasise this enough, if your average forum phlaggot can't push themselves to put on muscle and get lean then no one can. Right?

If someone is better than you then they "must be on gear" and "I could look like that as well if I were taking as much roids as them" and "I could look like that but I'm a balanced philosophical trainer and I don't want to get that big". As Arnold said, "Don't worry, you never will".

Same for powerlifting, weightlifting and strongman/woman. If someone is blowing your lifts out of the water, then they must be on gear. Right? I mean, like all 3 year olds, you are the centre of the universe. So anyone that pushes themselves harder, is mentally tougher and puts in the work, then they must be cheating.

For example, look at Ray Williams or the local Oz lifters JP Cauchi or Liz Craven. They must be on gear, right? Well, what sort of gear are they on when they are randomly drug tested monthly, in and out of comp? Or Canada's Jessica Buettner who pulls 210kg while being a poor student and diabetic (has a TUE for her insulin). What's she on? Having trained next to her, I tell you what she's on. Determin_phucking_ation and mental toughness that would make your balls shrivel.

The problem isn't that they lift so much weight, the problem is the butt hurt ego that the haters display.

And don't think that steroids instantly make you superman. Oni was on 2g per week and only got a 270kg deadlift. I do triples with that and I sure as shit aint pumping 2g of oil in my arse every week. Current 83kg deadlift record in Oz is Amir Fazeli with 317.5kg. Even if Amir was on juice (which he wasn't), then he's still miles ahead due to dedicated hard training. Not juice.

Was Ronnie on drugs? Yes. They all were and all are. But not for Ronnie up till '95.

Does that seem incredible? Yes, because he is an incredible bodybuilder.

And as I asked previously, since he admits to being on drugs for most of his career, why the hell would he concoct a lie about his relatively irrelevant early history?

well done woody.

but I am still not convinced.

sorry. as for us ipf lifters, I am not convinced of that either.

so there.

Yep, I lubs ya Wood, but take your good self as an example. You're a naturally gifted athlete but you don't come close to looking like a Bodybuilder. I think you need a broader perspective.

Bodybuilders don’t have a good track record for telling the truth, so it’s completely understandable that many here don’t believe him.

was he or wasn’t he?
i haven’t looked at the video, I hadn’t taken much interest in Coleman like I had taken an interest in others when I was younger but I’d guess that the earlier bodybuilders like Grimek, Pearl, Viator and the like worked just as hard as Coleman whilst using little to no chemicals, you can draw a conclusion from that.

And don’t tell that training methods had advanced

Last edited:
Coleman was a Cop. He can't admit to being involved in illegal substances while employed as a Cop.

Why is he on crutches anyway?
What happened to him?

He's a wreck physically, has had numerous surgeries, double hip replacements you name it, he had to learn to walk all over again at 53 years of age.

Last edited:
He's a wreck physically, has had numerous surgeries, double hip replacements you name it, he had to learn to walk all over again at 54 years of age.

So it was not just one but two full hip (as in both sides) replacements?

I would love to know why his actually broke, you’d think his bone density would have been, well, dense.

I think pushing your body beyond it's limits has consequences, he's also had numerous surgeries on his spine

I think pushing your body beyond it's limits has consequences, he's also had numerous surgeries on his spine

The gear, particularly large doses allows you to put unnatural pressures on the Body. Good for building Muscles, but dangerous for Bodily health.

I would say that gear is even more noticeable with size rather than strength.

A powerlifter of the early 1990’s post-Waddell era, long before APF became PA, described the vitamin use of powerlifters compared to competitive bodybuilders. “Look at what the bodybuilders are using and halve it” The staple for strength back then was halo, stanazolol, anapolon. A powerlifter might take a couple of halo per day. The bodybuilder would chew through 4-6. Stanazolol was a few mL per month for a 400kg horse. Or 6mL per week if a 100kg lifter or bodybuilder. Completely safe!

A powerlifter of the early 1990’s post-Waddell era, long before APF became PA, described the vitamin use of powerlifters compared to competitive bodybuilders. “Look at what the bodybuilders are using and halve it” The staple for strength back then was halo, stanazolol, anapolon. A powerlifter might take a couple of halo per day. The bodybuilder would chew through 4-6. Stanazolol was a few mL per month for a 400kg horse. Or 6mL per week if a 100kg lifter or bodybuilder. Completely safe!

Thats exactly right, completely safe. Steroids are healthy, i couldn't agree more.