• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Of course it is, but lets not let the facts get in the way of someone's story.

USAPL had 702 tests in 2012, and funded itself.

USAPL had 4500 members in 2011.

PA has far fewer members yet also far fewer tests. Could suggest similar situation.

It is hard to get hold of PA data, but USAPL revenue was $350,000 in 2011,

But given that PA has only about 10-15% of no. of tests, it would only need to have 10-15% of members, say 400-500 to be in similar position.

But as you know Bazza, we in Australia have higher costs for everything.

USAPL 2011 Revenue
Memberships $173,499 49%
World Teams $ 58,420 17%
Drug Testing Fees $ 57,411 16%
Sponsorships $ 28,556 8%
Merchandise $ 25,508 7%
Other $ 8,707 3%
2011 Expense
Salaries/Commissions $ 59,607 19%
World Teams $ 55,107 17%
Drug Testing $ 51,933 16%
Arnold $ 41,447 13%
Rent/Supplies, Postage $ 24,982 8%
Insurance $ 25,770 8%
Meet Director Reimbursement $ 14,774 5%
Trophies $ 14,774 4%
Other $ 12,433 4%
Merchandise $ 11,159 3%
Bookkeeping

Last edited:
Sticky- Does GPC Australia have enough income for testing?
I know that will never happen

Drug testing should be funded, and so should our athletes expenses to attend world events to represent our country.

It does seem that without government funding it's impossible to have a tested fed then

If PA has 500 members it must have reasonable revenue. I am pretty sure that membership costs for USAPL are a lot less than PA.

My gut feeling is that PA and USAPL would be in a similar financial position, but i would need to have ASADA's user pay costs and PA's financial statements to beter summarise.

I am sure PA can also raise revenue from private sources too.

To conclude, however, i dont think it would be hard for PA to fnd its own testing and meet WADA requirements.

However, PA is likely toget govt funding for a while yet, at least until Aust's budget capitulates and a mix of user principles are expanded for minor sports.

Last edited:
*Deleted Post*

I think you're missing the point.

If other feds can do it, with the same member/cost ratio, PA can too.

What did PA spend all their money on? If it truly is a volunteer fed, there should be no costs except IPF affiliation and insurance.

Do you know how many tests per capita is needed to meet the testing requirements?

Last edited by a moderator:
While this is easy to say as an outsider but what the hell are PA doing with their cash if they are running at a loss.

I play for a footy team in a small country town with literally dozens of footy teams close by sucking cash from each other and we manage to raise in the range of 400,000 a year it maybe more. Most of it is by sponsorship and various fund raising things the club and players do. The better players get payed good money to play.

PA that is an Aus wide organization surely should be able to raise a decent amount of cash to operate.

*Deleted Post*

What do you think athletes would say if random drug testing would be at their cost? I would imagine its a few hundred dollars for a test.

Bazza, i think you have your answer.

The reality is each sport lobbies for whatever govt funding it can get. PA looks like it is in a fortunate position where it can spend its revenue elsewhere.

I am sure it will do whatever it can to maintain its sliced of the cake.As i have suggested, recent events may have helped its case.

*Deleted Post*

I'm not the one that manages the money raising. People better than me at that stuff do that.

We may have an oval an club rooms but every game costs about 10k in player payments alone. Not to mention costs for trainers, umpires ect and then costs of running the club rooms and oval upkeep. Also every second game is away. So no gate or food/drink sales revenue.

I'm pretty sure every actual match runs at a loss for the club. The money comes from other areas like I mentioned.

*Deleted Post*

Sanctions are a good thing.

Perhaps subsidised testing, so more testing could be achieved with part of the cost on the athlete.

No need for individuals paying cost of tests; prospect of being tested should be subject to shared risk and pool available. The USAPL does it.

It is called best possible management made possible by the membership and transparency of the organisation to allow member input. I am sure you would agree.

unpaid.
For all you guys hate online about Robert he's done a lot of good as CEO of PA,
and there's probably no-one else in the organisation willing to spend as much time and their own money on the sport.