• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
*Deleted quote*

Bloody hell that's full on especially for a minor sport that people have to pay their own way. Not that I would ever have to worry about Spritchas level of testing but I assume that would be a big reason why people don't compete in a tested fed.

You can play lower level AFL comps. Get payed decent money and never worry about testing. It does seem like a lot of hassle for a sport that everyone does for the love of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope someone can answer this.
Bazza you insinuated not every tested lifter is clean, what makes you believe this?

We all say things like this, but i wonder if there is any actual facts behind any of our beliefs.

I know in the past i have said this same thing with no evidence, i hope we aren't all just spouting bullshit because everyone else is.

I can't speak for PA, but when I competed in cycling I was WADA tested. My team mates and I would just pass tests. I can't explain why or how but we would just take our drugs, get tested and pass. Either we were taking placebos or the tests are not what they are cracked up to be

Also man Stephen you get way to fired up over this
I would rustle your jimmies some more but since winning member of the month the only way I can increase my trolling level is to become more hated than Robert Wilks and tbh I don't think I'm that good.
No one has implied that PA lifters are using. There is a possibility that they do. It's statistically likely and unlikely. The tests are hilariously easy to pass as I have mentioned before. I know PA lifters that take recreational drugs who I will not name for obvious reasons but also I can't use that argument I also realise

People just need to stop giving a shit about this stuff. If Stephen announced tomorrow that he took roids I'd be like: "okay?"
I honestly would not give a shit. Why do people give a fuck about this I don't even

I fire up because it does end up impacting on me and others. It has caused me plenty of stress in the past and I have coped some crap. Whenever things settle down a thread like this brings it up again.

Hang on. Your fucken president brought this shit up. Place the blame in the right bloody spot.

*Deleted quote*

Don't say this forum brought this shit up. This 100% started because of the top bloke at PA. No one would have said anything here if he didnt say such stupid shit. If PA lifers don't like it place the blame were the problem started don't look for other scapegoats.

*Deleted quote*

Why did this thread start? Because Wilks went on a stupid rant that not only reflected badly on the wider powerlifting community, but reflected badly on PA within the community.

Wilks is a knob. End of story.

CAPO did it self no favours.

Holding a comp in a bikie club house? Yeah thats not going to come back and hurt you.

I would be upset as a CAPO member that Wayne did not step up to the plate and at least say something. By saying nothing, you admit to everything.

People are quick to say Waynes words would have been twisted to look bad, I agree. He could have issued a statement though saying that CAPO is untested; but not by choice. CAPO do not support or condone the use of steroids, but as the government only supports testing for one federation, its far to expensive, and not viable for CAPO to test. They even have a banned substance list on their website.
He chose to be a leader, he should stood up for his federation in that instance.

Why not join PA? A million reasons, drugs is far from the main one.

This inter-fed shit is fucking annoying, and its 9/10 caused or at least escalated by people who dont even compete, and if they do, have no clue at what actually goes on.

*Deleted quote*

Should? Probably not.....

.... But now capo members are taking shit.....

The people at the head of the federation reflect on the members.

*Deleted quote*

I keep saying this and you keep ignoring it. In this thread people mentioned the downfalls of testing in general and the holes in wilks arguments. No mention of pa lifters cheating or individuals. If pa members are unhappy about what was said, blame the boss.

Lots of GPC lifters like lifting raw with wraps. I think this is the main reason for going GPC over PA. Most of the people lifting at this meet were under the age of 25 and were almost certainly not taking anything if you want to get into silly subjective crap

Lots of GPC lifters like lifting raw with wraps. I think this is the main reason for going GPC over PA. Most of the people lifting at this meet were under the age of 25 and were almost certainly not taking anything if you want to get into silly subjective crap

Its fairly obvious the ones who are

How so?

Don't take this the wrong way, but you don't seem like someone who has been around power lifting for a long enough time to make that assumption.

*Deleted quote*

If only people just wanted to lift heavy stuff up and down, life would be so much easier.

Scott, Alex and I (3 GPC members) all went to a PA comp on the weekend. The owners of the gym said hello and had no problem with us being there, but Wilks looked at us as if we were dirt. I watched him stare down Scott for a good 10 seconds. The entire time i felt like i was behind enemy lines and that was for no reason apart from him.

If we're talking about who's slinging shit and making an us vs them situation, then look no further than Wilks.

Yet didnt have the balls to talk to us..... Just shit talked us to everyone else in the room.... Including ASADA