• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
*Deleted Quote*

Catching by surprise it definitely the best way

Last edited by a moderator:
just updating my article, and note that GPC now has 376 members.

It is growing all the time and may even challenge PA in terms of numbers, albeit RW refuses to tell me how many members PA has.

just updating my article, and note that GPC now has 376 members.

It is growing all the time and may even challenge PA in terms of numbers, albeit RW refuses to tell me how many members PA has.

I looked up what PA membership costs and it's $150 for the first year. Cheaper there after, no idea what cost

Now you have to be very big on this drug free thing to fork out that much money, just for membership remember. GPC membership was $80, close to half the price.
So for average joe, especially females what makes more sense?

BTW GPC has 387 members
http://gpcaustralia.com/index.php/gpc-members

Oni, so member decisions are based on cost, is that what you are saying?

Don't think it is as simple as that.

Oni, so member decisions are based on cost, is that what you are saying?

Don't think it is as simple as that.

What are the factors here?
Every chick I know in Adelaide competes CAPO
Every single one of them

A few of these also compete GPC
They do not take drugs at all, they do not want to become a man lol
Most do not care about wraps either, only put them on because they are allowed and will borrow each others for the competition lol

Basically what were are looking at is cost (membership, flights, fees, accommodation) and peer pressure (everyone doing it)

I can't think of any other reason at all

of course you cant.

So your thoughts speak for all lifters in NSW and Victoria too?

Thankfully I got some good input from GPC itself rather just your opinion.

Last edited:
Cost is a factor, the sheer number of ridiculous rules is another limiting factor for PA. If you have a coach who isn't a PA member, they can't coach, this for me is enough to turn me off and i am a clean lifter, never intend on taking drugs. Much like the no boxers rule, the ridiculous squat calls (in some comps, not all).

yep, there are a whole lot of factors at play.

I was helping my mate years ago, former PA champ, and had to join PA on day to be able to still help. Cost me $50.

Last edited:
Agree many of the conditions detract people, but most of the rules people find a turnoff or difficult to understand are usually tied to ASC accreditation. You can't hold yourself out as a credible drug tested sporting code if you don't also require your coaches to be members and thereby agree to abide the drug testing policies, because aspects of the WADA code apply to coaches and officials as well as athletes. The only issue is if you want coach to be next to you at the comp and actually handling your attempt cards. In reality, you can have anyone you like as your actual day to day coach, and simply do your own attempt cards (or get someone else to do it at the comp, which someone is always happy to help with) but you would miss out on having someone at your side giving coaching input between attempts.

Cost might be a factor for many but juniors and subjuniors pay much less from memory. It also costs heaps less if you join in Sept or later if you only want to do 1-2 comps a year. FWIW $150 really is nothing compared with most other sports. You'll pay way more than that to join most other sporting leagues due to ground costs, insurance etc. kids sports are ridiculously expensive.

of course you cant.

So your thoughts speak for all lifters in NSW and Victoria too?

Thankfully I got some good input from GPC itself rather just your opinion.

What has other states got to do with anything?
Is the membership fee cheaper in NSW?

What did GPC say?

I am an equipped lifter, a coach who knows you makes all the difference to my performance on the day, my coach would gladly submit to a drug test and i would be happy to pay a small fee, but he cannot join the fed as he is a member of GPC anyway.

I understand it's based on ASC and ASADA, but they are still limiting factors, regardless of why they are there.

I am an equipped lifter, a coach who knows you makes all the difference to my performance on the day, my coach would gladly submit to a drug test and i would be happy to pay a small fee, but he cannot join the fed as he is a member of GPC anyway.

I understand it's based on ASC and ASADA, but they are still limiting factors, regardless of why they are there.

Fair enough. I recognise the factors are definitely at play. In other sports, it's a non-factor because, apart from perhaps boxing, there is really only one sporting body for each sport. The way I see it, it's not so much that PA has ridiculous rules, it's that GPC and CAPO get a leg up on PA because they aren't constrained in the same way and can run their sport the way they like.

Fair enough. I recognise the factors are definitely at play. In other sports, it's a non-factor because, apart from perhaps boxing, there is really only one sporting body for each sport. The way I see it, it's not so much that PA has ridiculous rules, it's that GPC and CAPO get a leg up on PA because they aren't constrained in the same way and can run their sport the way they like.

yes

Cost is a factor, the sheer number of ridiculous rules is another limiting factor for PA. If you have a coach who isn't a PA member, they can't coach, this for me is enough to turn me off and i am a clean lifter, never intend on taking drugs. Much like the no boxers rule, the ridiculous squat calls (in some comps, not all).

The no-boxers rule is an IPF rule. Your boxers can bunch up and obscure squat depth judgment. I haven't witnessed any of the super-nazi squat calls but I have my personal opinions about PA vs GPC depth judgement which I won't go into now.

A lot of the rules people bitch about are, as has been said, tied to ASADA/WADA/ASC, or to the IPF who by far have the strictest standards of any of the worldwide feds.

Last edited:

This.

The no-boxers rule is an IPF rule. Your boxers can bunch up and obscure squat depth judgment. I haven't witnessed any of the super-nazi squat calls but I have my personal opinions about PA vs GPC depth judgement which I won't go into now.

A lot of the rules people bitch about are, as has been said, tied to ASADA/WADA/ASC, or to the IPF who by far have the strictest standards of any of the worldwide feds.

Read my post, i stated they were not set by PA, but were still limiting factors.