• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Refreezing partially frozen salmon help?

thechosenone

I bought a slab of frozen salmon in a packet which is 1.5 kilos, I let it defrost for a bit so it was easier to cut up into smallers pieces with a knife, then put it back in the freezer. Now im a bit concerned if it will still be good? I only defrosted it enough to make it a bit softer to cut through. *it was still icy*

I bought a slab of frozen salmon in a packet which is 1.5 kilos, I let it defrost for a bit so it was easier to cut up into smallers pieces with a knife, then put it back in the freezer. Now im a bit concerned if it will still be good? I only defrosted it enough to make it a bit softer to cut through. *it was still icy*

mmm id say it would be fine if it wasnt sitting out for ages....if your worried just cook it abit longer when you have it...

Mate it has probably been frozen and thawed 20 times before you got it, so one more time will make no difference.:)

Mate it has probably been frozen and thawed 20 times before you got it, so one more time will make no difference.:)

Exactly right, same with chicken, they say don't refreeze chicken but. Have plenty of times and haven't had a problem. And if the salmon was still icy then you'll be fine

Dont do it bro!!! I do it all the time, then I cook it and whack it in the freezer to cool it then into containers then in the fridge then I heat it an eat it. I do it every day, now I have these huge bumps all ova my body and ppl stare at me every time I walk into a room! Lol