• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rear deltoids exercises

Whether one needs to use so-called isolative movements, opinions will vary.

What we do know is that the shape of a muscle will not change, but it will become thicker, has to.

If one is using a template where there is overall growth, it will appear that certain areas are not growing when in fact there is a lot.

I think isolation exercises are good for tendon strengthening and adding a bit of balance
I do curls to protect my biceps during deadlifts and lateral raises are good for the overhead athlete

Isolation is extremely beneficial for many reasons.

One just needs to be mindful that whatever training method ones uses, whether that is a split, aerobic workout, isolation exercises, is that recovery comes from the same source.

For example;
If one wanted to improve the condition of their pecs, there are more efficiant ways than eclusively using the barbell bench press.

For rear delts I'd suggest inverted rows. Get under a bar, take a wide grip, extend your feet out in front and pull yourself up to the bar. Keep your body rigid as you pull. Aim to bring your chin/throat to the bar. The wide grip and your weight will help hit the rear delts. The lower you place the bar the harder the movement.

Aiming for chin, as compared to lower down when u do bent row, will focus rear delts more than lats.

Iv'e had my best trap development when doing powercleans and clean&press n swings with kettlebells. Never seen the need to isolate the traps.

I don't think so. They mostly hit the lateral delts (which is unusual for a compound lift). I think there is some posterior delt involvement in the exercise, but mostly in stabilisation. Could be wrong, though.

I used to do rev pec deck exclusively, that works just like everything else, although they aren't important until you can do heavy rows/chins.

I got real swoll rear delts and it comes from 4 years of doing these

Standing behind a incline press with DB's bending over to place my chest firmly against the top of the chair and flying those db's right back so I can fell those rears scream. I get an awesome pump and decent size. No half melons for me thanks.

i suppliment them with a standing upright cable row using the tricep ropes, with knees slightly bent pulling the cable towards me kinda like a seated row for lower back but targeting upper back and rear delts instead.

I also do heavy as db rows with my back work out, then might drop set those to kill my rear delts completely.

yeah baby!!