• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rear deltoids exercises

My rear delts are beginning to show themselves and im only doing the 3 day a week beginner program that is posted on this site.Dunno what exercise is doing it.

Squat 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 8
Bent row 3 x 8
Military press 3 x 8
SLDL 3 x 8
BB curl 3 x 8
Traps are getting big too.
I stuffed around with iso exercises for awhile before i committed to a 3 day a week program like this and now i am defo seeing slow and steady results all over the place.

My rear delts are beginning to show themselves and im only doing the 3 day a week beginner program that is posted on this site.Dunno what exercise is doing it.

Squat 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 8
Bent row 3 x 8
Military press 3 x 8
SLDL 3 x 8
BB curl 3 x 8
I stuffed around with iso exercises for awhile before i committed to a 3 day a week program like this and now i am defo seeing slow and steady results all over the place.

Excellent.
A program like this stimulates growth, like dropping a stone in water and watching the ripples.

Squat 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 8
Bent row 3 x 8
Military press 3 x 8
SLDL 3 x 8
BB curl 3 x 8

very good. i remember doing this program, my traps grew tremedounsly. They haven't grown since i did this program. Probably rotate bb curls with dips/extensions in my opinion.

Squat 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 8
Bent row 3 x 8
Military press 3 x 8
SLDL 3 x 8
BB curl 3 x 8

very good. i remember doing this program, my traps grew tremedounsly. They haven't grown since i did this program. Probably rotate bb curls with dips/extensions in my opinion.

You two are both very lucky.

My traps barely grow at all, from these exercises or direct work. Its not like I can't lift moderately heavy weights either. Fucking genetics.

I didn't bother reading the rest of the thread but I've seen you have made a few threads now on particular body parts. I personally think it's best not to think of body parts but the posterior, anterior and lateral chain and to a lesser extent the 7 basic movements. As long as you perform these equally then you will generally have a well rounded physique. Just look at Arnold age 17 when he was doing the 5x5 routine. He talks about building up a base with the big movements then 'chiseling down'. So as long as you have in your routine squats, deadlifts, bench, chins/rows, press you should be good for the first 3-5 years of training. You'll probably want to add a load of stuff into it like curls or whatever but as long as you keep progressing on the main lifts you can play nintendo for assistance and make decent progress

My traps barely grow at all, from these exercises or direct work. Its not like I can't lift moderately heavy weights either. Fucking genetics.

Hang cleans are apparently awesome for traps, but mine grow easily anyway so I'm just going on what other people say

I didn't bother reading the rest of the thread but I've seen you have made a few threads now on particular body parts. I personally think it's best not to think of body parts but the posterior, anterior and lateral chain and to a lesser extent the 7 basic movements. As long as you perform these equally then you will generally have a well rounded physique. Just look at Arnold age 17 when he was doing the 5x5 routine. He talks about building up a base with the big movements then 'chiseling down'. So as long as you have in your routine squats, deadlifts, bench, chins/rows, press you should be good for the first 3-5 years of training. You'll probably want to add a load of stuff into it like curls or whatever but as long as you keep progressing on the main lifts you can play nintendo for assistance and make decent progress

Something that seems lost on a lot of people.

Neglecting injury or a burning desire for growth/shape of one particular muscle the average trainee probably doesn't ever need to do iso exercises

I've been doing Barbell Shrugs lately and I'm pretty impressed by the way my Traps have responded.

Hang cleans are apparently awesome for traps, but mine grow easily anyway so I'm just going on what other people say

So many people seem to have traps that grow easily :( (including pretty much everyone at my gym). Small traps just makes you look small in shirts etc. You can have big arms/chest etc, but with small traps, you'll never look that imposing IMO.

I've been doing Barbell Shrugs lately and I'm pretty impressed by the way my Traps have responded.

Mine have grown a little bit from heavy deads and heavy barbell shrugs. Still nothing to write home about tho, and still way out of proportion to shoulders and chest. Next year I am going to focus massively on upper back, try to get it in line with chest/shoulders/arms.