• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Race to 6 plate Deadlift

I was going to sign up for this comp, but then I saw 4 pages of posts that have nothing to do with it. Top work.

I'm finding this forum has been going down hill over the last few months.
Has anybody else noticed that Fadi doesnt post much anymore? I wonder why.

I was going to sign up for this comp, but then I saw 4 pages of posts that have nothing to do with it. Top work.

Geez talk about having a whinge. As often happens threads can get off topic, even so this one has been pretty informative.

Well the original question was somewhat relevant and no one would have predicted that it would become a thread jacking. Even so it was informative, not random silly bullshit.

Mods can always split/merge threads anyway.

Why doesn't Fadi post here anymore do you think?
Where does he post in stead?

Maybe it's got do with the the once funny but now lame "no explode brah" comments?

As that's the only thing I have noticed that doesn't add any value to the site?

Theres only so many times you can say squat, bench, deadlift and eat your vegetables. Some people need to lighten up.

Strange post from Scott, I guess there arent enough presents under his tree, bad mood.

WTF has Fadi got to do with this thread and his posting total, now THATS off topic Scott.

From what I've observed, Fadi never posted much in the strength section anyway, so I guess its not us that drove him away.

Send him a pm and find out big fella rather than putting it on everyone posting about deadlifts, bodyweight, strength and Wilks totals in the strength section.

Ahoy hoy!

Just thought I would suggest a bit of research into somatotyping for those interested in finding their ideal height/weight range for Powerlifting (or any other sport). You might be able to find out how to measure your own somatotype on the internet otherwise you could try and find an anthropometrics textbook or get an exercise physiologist (possible even a doctor) to do it for you.

You might be able to find some famous athletes somatotypes on the internet, there's also been a lot of studies on the somatotypes of certain athletes. To give you a reference I had my somatotyping done a few days before my first bodybuilding comp earlier this year and was 0.9/6.1/3.2 at 180cm, 72kg and 5% bodyfat. Off the top of my head I think I remember 1/7/1 (eg. perfect mesomorph) being the ideal somatotype for a bodybuilder and 5/5/1 being better suited for a weightlifter. As you can see I would need to gain a lot of weight to fit into either of those categories which is makes sense as most would agree that 72kg at 180cm is far too light!

Good Luck getting to six plate by the way. I hear if Iron doesn't get 250 soon he'll be getting some ink!

Quit your science mumbo jumbo SQBDL and join in. Plus I think you mean someone will be getting a beard.

Might see ya tonight.

Why does the forum have to revolve around Fadi?
If he posts that's great and appreciated, if not so be it, maybe he has less time on his hands lately.

Last edited: