• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Questionable theory

Rambodian

No I'm not cambodian
My theory is: If I eat an amount equivalent (in cals) for a 200 pound (90kg or so) person, and if I train to grow my strength and musculature using weights (doing a 5x5 routine all lifts are compound types), I will loose fat and gain muscle. Considering all things being equal and diet is consistently 'clean' (no processed food except milk), and high in protein/lower in carbohydrates/good fats etc. I weigh 121kg at the moment (down from 135kg) and that's pretty much what I have done so far to get to 121kg.

OK now that's my theory but, I am worried that in my quest to loose fat, I will inevitably loose muscle, which at this early point in my training I don't have any to spare for such losses. Again, carrying so much body fat around is not what I want either, so I was keeping my calories around the 2500 mark or there around to make sure I keep loosing fat. I'm worried now about this amount of cals, so I have started (last week) to have higher carbs on my weight training days (mon/wed/fri) and lower carbs on my non training days. I stay within the 2500 cal mark on non training days and increase to around 3000 on training days, but wonder if this is going to work. Should I incorporate some cardio in the mix?, I was doing a lot of walking originally but have ceased thus far because of the DOMS I was getting, but now I think I could do it again as I am handling the training allot more. What you guys think, is this a good way to go about this?

At your age I would suggest that worry less about calculating your calories and concern yourself about finding a workout template that best suit YOU.

If you work hard enough and find the right frequency of work, the rest will just fall into place.

Life is a one act play, there are no enchores.

I say this to all my clients -
Training is but 5%.. the other 95% is diet and sleep.
Eat your protien requirements per day and everything else on top to meet calories that u require.. You will eventually work it out.

Cardio/Conditioning - This needs to be done usually on your days off or if your stuck for time do it on days after your lifting sessions 15min sessions of say HIIT. It will help your recovery in the long run.

Too many lifters out there who lift heavy and cannot walk up a flight of stairs carrying their shopping bags without having a mini-heart attack.