• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Question

Soy just sounds gay.. and reminds me of vegetarians. So it cant be good for you.

Eggs are for men. :) I dont drink out of plastic bottles anymore either. bought a stainless steel one for gym and home.

Haha! I love that site, very humorous.

Child vaccines cause autism, he says.

If you have a deadly virus, you don't need medicines, just take vitamin C!

Diabetes has nothing to do with blood sugar.

Eat as much spuds and bread as you like, just no sugar, and you won't get fat!

To "cleanse" your body, you should eat algae extract. Or maybe plankton.

Books he has written include The Great Bird Flu Hoax, and The No Grain Diet, in which he claims that eating grains has caused people to become celiac and various insulin disorders. He says that microwaves are deadly dangerous, that homogenised milk is bad for you, and so on.

He has been twice warned by the US FDA for fraudulent advertising.

But... but... he's a doctor. A doctor of... er... well, wikipedia tells us he's a doctor of... osteopathy.

Frankly, if this guy reckons soy is bad for me, I'm inclined to eat a kilo a day.

Seriously, give us the science. Not some unqualified quack selling snake oil, give us some science.

whether soy is good or bad would make no difference to me anyway, why deviate from meat, eggs, fish and milk, all proven foods. theres no way i would replace my steak with a block of tofu lol

Because some people get sniffly when they have heaps of dairy, or are lactose intolerant, thus a lot of cow's milk isn't good for them, and they might prefer soy milk. I mean, I think it's dreadful stuff, I would sooner drink XXXX than soy milk, but sometimes you just have to have that fuel.

And some people are vegetarian. I'm not, but plenty of people have built huge amounts of muscle on grains, fruit, vegetables and nuts alone. Not so much on timguyperson's KFC and Subway (he seems to have disappeared, funny that), but there you go.

One farmer says to me, "You cannot live on vegetable food solely, for it furnishes nothing to make the bones with"; and so he religiously devotes a part of his day to supplying himself with the raw material of bones; walking all the while he talks behind his oxen, which, with vegetable-made bones, jerk him and his lumbering plow along in spite of every obstacle.
- Henry David Thoreau, Walden

He says that microwaves are deadly dangerous, that homogenised milk is bad for you, and so on.
Umm this is common knowledge? I dont know what your on about..

Eat as much spuds and bread as you like, just no sugar, and you won't get fat!
A quick thing from that article..

overweight people don't eat more carbohydrates than those of normal weight. However, it was discovered that overweight people were more inclined to eat an excess of refined carbohydrates such as white bread and pasta, which trigger a rapid spike in blood sugar.

The culprit of weight gain, refined carbohydrates, can be found in processed foods high in sugar. Refined carbohydrates add on extra pounds through their high glycemic index, which means they cause a quick surge in blood sugar. The sugar is then stored in muscle and if it is not used it turns into fat.
On the contrary, other carbohydrates such as whole grains, fruits and vegetables don't have high glycemic indexes.
Even though statistics showed that people are eating less fat, it was revealed that over the course of the past 20 years the rate of obesity has been steadily increasing.

In 2005, the Orthomolecular Medicine News Service (anon-profit and non-commercial informational resource), published findings that vitamin C beats bird flu and other viruses:
“High dose vitamin C is a remarkably safe and effective treatment for viral infections. In high doses, vitamin C neutralizes free radicals, helps kill viruses, and strengthens your body's immune system.

Taking supplemental vitamin C routinely helps prevent viral infections.
The Avian Flu (or Bird Flu), so often mentioned by newspapers, magazines and other news sources, is a particularly severe form of influenza. It should probably be called Poultry Flu, since almost all of the 150 or so human infections have come from domestic poultry.

Interestingly, the symptoms of avian flu include hemorrhages under the skin, and bleeding from the nose and gums. These are also classical symptoms of clinical scurvy, which means a critical vitamin C deficiency is present. This means that vitamin C (ascorbate) is needed to treat it.
Severe cases may require 200,000 to 300,000 milligrams of vitamin C or more, given intravenously (IV) by a physician.

This very high dosing may be needed since the Avian Flu appears to consume vitamin C very rapidly, similar to an acute viral hemorrhagic fever, somewhat like an Ebola infection.” .​

Im not defending the guy simply pointing out how u did exactly what you said companys do read half the facts make a conclusion and the preach about it.

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]RjZs0DGW1Jk[/YOUTUBE]

Why Soy Can Damage Your Health

Click one of the many links.. There are alot.

Did you hear him say natto?
Let me tell you about natto.It is an evil vile food.It has the consistency of snot,it looks like snot,feels like snot, snot tastes better and it smells like crap.
The locals harp on about how healthy it is and how I should eat it.Healthy or not,I will not eat something so rancid.To make it even worse they stir it up with their chopsticks and it goes all frothy.When you pick it up it is all string and snotty.Some mix it with raw egg.
On a packed morning train surrounded by 3 or 4 obese sweaty smelly old turds with natto breath is a challenge and a half.

Did you hear him say natto?
Let me tell you about natto.It is an evil vile food.It has the consistency of snot,it looks like snot,feels like snot, snot tastes better and it smells like crap.
The locals harp on about how healthy it is and how I should eat it.Healthy or not,I will not eat something so rancid.To make it even worse they stir it up with their chopsticks and it goes all frothy.When you pick it up it is all string and snotty.Some mix it with raw egg.
On a packed morning train surrounded by 3 or 4 obese sweaty smelly old turds with natto breath is a challenge and a half.

LMFAO!

I couldn't agree with you more Zarkov, and your description is spot on!

My Girlfriend tried to get me to eat this once and I nearly vomitted, but she was lapping it up (She's from Osaka).
She likened it to vegemite, which she cant stand.
Everyone in Australia loves vegemite but most people from other countries cant stomache it, so I guess natto is the japanese eqivilent.