• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Qualifying totals for CAPO Nats

PTC

Men open - RAW------- EQUIPPED

52kg ----- 367.5kg------422.5kg
56kg ----- 392.5kg------452.5kg
60kg ----- 420kg--------485kg
67.5kg --- 467.5kg------537.5kg
75kg ----- 500kg--------580kg
82.5kg --- 540kg--------620kg
90kg ----- 565kg--------650kg
100kg ---- 595kg--------685kg
110kg ---- 622.5kg------717.5kg
125kg ---- 645kg--------740kg
140kg ---- 662.5kg------760kg
140kg + -- 682.5kg------780kg

No qualifying total required for Teenage, Junior, Masters or Women

A total lasts for 2 years

In regards to ausbb members who lift with CAPO, here is a list of the Senior Men competitors and how they stand currently in regards to qualifying for this years Nats.

Fat Dave 527.5kg in the 110kg class, 95kg short

Nick 625kg in the 110kg class, qualified

Kelly 560kg in the 82.5kg class, qualified

Michael 518.5kg in the 67.5kg class, qualified

Scott 480kg in the 82.5kg class, 60kg short ( lifts in open mens in 2011)

Dim 420kg in the 75kg class, 80kg short

Gareth 495kg in the 82.5kg class, 45kg short

Ben Cove 510kg in the 82.5kg class, 40kg short

Paullie 410kg in the 90kg class, 155kg short

All these guys have this years State comps to post qualifying totals. Some may need to go interstate to lift if they miss out in their own state

Markos
Do you have a date for the CAPO Vics yet? I wanted to do Albury but am away until two weeks before it so wont have enough time to get my gear training sorted.

That's a pretty high qualifying total for the 82.5kg class (since I'm around that weight I remember more numbers). What are they gonna do, hold a comp between the only two who qualify: PTC's Kelly and Matt Middleton? :p

PA's qualifying totals for their first Raw Nationals are a lot lower, although I think their 2nd one will be a lot more strict.

I'm not a competitor but still find it interesting where I should be at, as it stands now, I'm 50kg shy of the 125kg class, perhaps they will be my 2011 lifting goals :)

Sherro, I reckon I'll hold it in March, exact date not set yet, I'll let you know.

Dancer, I agree, the totals are high, as they should be.

This is not a Mickey Mouse comp, its the Nationals.

In every sport, from swimming to running and weightlifting, you have to qualify.

If a lifter with only 12 months lifting qualifies easily for your Nationals, either the standard is too low or you have an elite lifter.

For the record, when I was asked for input, I had the standards a little lower, but the Prez and Laurie decided this would be it.

I guess everyone has to train a little harder, might be the wake up call most need.

Yeah I think the qualifying total for a Nat should be high too.

When I was waiting for PA to announce the qualifying total, I was kinda conflicted. I obviously wanted to lift, but I also would rather have to earn my right to compete at a Nat through serious hard work. I think the current PA's Raw Nat qualifying totals are way too low (no way I should've been able to qualify), but it's the very first one. CAPO's first Raw Nat didn't have any qualifying total, IIRC. Maybe next year PA will ask for a much higher total.

Looking again at the CAPO list, it appears to me that the higher weight classes have lower qualifying totals relatively to the lower weight classes.

Does that mean they have a lot of really good lifters at the lower weight classes and fewer in the heavier classes?

In the 82.5kg class, I only know two from last year that'd qualify: Kelly and Matt M - very strong blokes. Unless they have a host more that I haven't heard about. Would love to come watch that battle.

Last edited:
What's first raw or equipped?

Markos my vote is with later in march as the albury comp is the first weekend i believe.

I'll check the football fixture for the Dolphins and I'll post up a date tonight, last week in March you say Sherro?

Dancer, I think the numbers are going to be way down at Nats this year, firstly as its a single day comp, and secondly because most of last years raw lifters in the Open class wont qualify.

Big Nick had a seriously strong comp at the Vics, a 260kg deadlift, 210kg squat. This makes Nick a strong boy.

They fucked the CAPO results up and credited Nick with a 220kg squat, we tried to get it adjusted, no go.

So Nick REALLY totaled 615kg, he was credited with 625kg. The qualifying mark is 622.5kg. Nick is in.

When a guy as strong as Nick misses out, you know the bar has been set pretty high.

I fear the CAPO numbers will be tiny this year. I know by seperating the RAW and EQUIPPED, they can have guys lifting in both, great idea, but the STATES are combined, how the fuck is anyone going to qualify.

Its still going to be either or.

Like Dancer posted, who the fuck is going to lift in 82.5kg class? Matt is now lifting equipped, Kelly is doing MMA, Gareth doesnt qualify, Scott doesnt qualify.

If I have time, I will go through and check who posted a qualifying total at Nats in 2010, although everyone still has the States to qualify.

Was it too crowded for them at last year's Nats? Numbers will be down now.

Strange approach. Why not treat it like the footy, simply say that the top 8 (or whatever number) from each state comp get to go to the Nats?

In the 82.5kg class, I only know two from last year that'd qualify: Kelly and Matt M - very strong blokes. Unless they have a host more that I haven't heard about. Would love to come watch that battle.

Kelly has left PLing for Muay Thai (Correct me if I am wrong Markos)

My only concern with the totals is I finished 2nd (outright) in the NT states last May behind Dean Cowan (Who was not even trying that day). The way it stands NT/SA will not have a lifter in the 82's

I agree the Nats need a high quality of lifter, but as it stands a lot of 82's will miss out.

EDIT:

Like Dancer posted, who the fuck is going to lift in 82.5kg class? Matt is now lifting equipped, Kelly is doing MMA, Gareth doesnt qualify, Scott doesnt qualify.

The pointy end of 82's are missing out. Is Mr.Nay aware of this?

EDIT2: I just Emailed Pual about this.....

Last edited: