• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

pumpin iron 2012 body transformation

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 kilos is a bloody good effort for less than 3 months. Looks like you've lost a fair bit of fat. Why no gym?
From what I've read on here 90% of the people talk about gradual weight loss and muscle gain being the best option. Also I wouldn't bulk if I was you, bulking is for skinny people and body builders. The most muscle you could possible put on in 1 week is 1 pound and that's if your eating was perfect and your were busting your arse at the gym. Therefore I'd say the best the average person could hope for is 0.5 pounds. So it doesn't make sense to me to bulk to gain such small amounts of muscle and any gain more than a kilo or two a month will also include fat

I need to bulk, as my str gains are very minimal on a cut, i want to get stronger... well i actually *need* to get stronger for reasons like work and footy.

I need to bulk, as my str gains are very minimal on a cut, i want to get stronger... well i actually *need* to get stronger for reasons like work and footy.

Bulking for strength is counter productive if you ask me. Footy these days is more about your strength to weight ratio and I reckon your work would be more strength endurance based.

Im gonna do bulking and cutting cycles after i get to 80, aka 10 week bulking then 4 weeks cutting or watever i feel is needed

not a fan of doing short stints like that.

Tbh i would cut down close to 10-12% bodyfat then slowly add weight.

I wanna gain a bit more size and str, dont like being small. I had to cut bigtime cause i was carrying to much fat and i was weak to.

jeez that is a pretty solid dead lift compared to your other lifts. i hope its not how you hurt your back.

you have done bloody well in the last few months. i honestly think that the 10 week or so bulks with the few weeks cutting can sometimes get you nowhere if you keep swapping between the 2.
id suggest getting down to 12% and hang between there and 14%. keep up the intensity in your training add a bit of cardio in if your jacking up the calories.

cutting and bulking is more suited to bodybuilders whom cut for 12 weeks or so before a show and add mass in the off season. i found when i started training like this i added quality mass as apposed to fat and my strength was barely increasing.

my suggestions take it or leave it good luck big fella.. james

Thanx for the advice mate, I will continue to cut until i am 80 kilos then bulk slowly probly 20% over calorie maintenance until i gain some size i am happy with, whether it takes 12 weeks or 20 weeks then cut up again.

dan1.png

Shit quality picture sorry, weighing 83 kilos at the moment, Deadlift 110 kilos for 7 reps, bench press 35 kilos each hand (70 kilos) for 5 reps, front squat 60 kilos for 7 reps (just started doing these) and military press 25 kilo dumbell each hand (50kilos) for 5 reps.

Last edited:
Not the best week of training this week for improvements, Ive been on the same amount of calories for 4 weeks (3500), the first 3 weeks my lifts have improved really well but this week was shithouse. My appetite has increased to, like i never have that full feeling. I have only put on 300grams of weight since last week so i guess its time up up the calories. Will up the calories to 3800 and see how i go.

p.s Today is sunday im gonna have a bit of a cheat day to fuel the body up. Noodles, bacon & egg mc muffins mmmmmmm 4000+ calories today come at me bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.