• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pump your guns

Which one and how often

• BB curl

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Preacher

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seated Incline with DB

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Ez bar

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • DBell

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
Bicep pump!?!??!? My FAVORITE :-D

Anyways, they are like my children, how can I pick a favorite.

I really need to do super or giant sets to get a good pump for biceps, most of those exercises in some combination will do the trick.

And for those getting forearm pain, this can be common but is generally related to something else, mine was indirectly being caused by skull cruches, but only felt the pain when doing curls, can also try using fat grips as I found this can also help somewhat

Excuse my naivety but what is a 21?

Basicly curls, 7 of the lower half motion, 7 of the upper half motion, 7 complete ROM. Kills the biceps though.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Zyhz6-EF0]21s With EZ Curl Bar - YouTube[/ame]

Never tried incline curls as l dont have adj bench... work in progress...

Had to go with preacher curls... with Fat Gripz though...

I find this aswell :( it sucks..
any way to fix this or am i gonna need to get some new arms

I use to get this too when I was doing full body workouts. To get rid of it I added in some wrist excercises and gave my biceps a rest for a couple weeks. Also preacher curls I found hurt my forearms much less.

Last edited:
Seated inclines are my favourite, forces good form and virtually elimates cheating.
Will humble you though if you like to throw around big weights with lots of body english.
Gradually reduce the incline every few weeks until you can do them lying flat on your back

Last edited:
I use to get this too when I was doing full body workouts. To get rid of it I added in some wrist excercises and gave my biceps a rest for a couple weeks. Also preacher curls I found hurt my forearms much less.

Awesome help.. ill try these out see if they help eliviate the issue.

Cheers