• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC version 2.0

I get asked why some progress faster than others on identical programs.

aside from nutrition which aids recovery, its the mind that plays the biggest role, and by a large margin.

Check out the posts and posters on these last 2 pages.

Nothing but negative, worrying thoughts.

The footballers asked how the fuck James pulls 202.5kg. Here is my response.

James has never asked whether a particular rep range is better than another

James has never questioned exercise selection

James has never asked about whether wearing a belt for injury prevention is a good idea

James has never asked nor taken a supplement

James does what he is told 100% of the time

James is confident with handling weights younger men are scared of

James is not afraid to strain

James is very positive

In 2003, Max was 11 and playing rep basketball with the Frankston Blues. After today, I thought I might tell you how this group has gone. A group of 10 boys, 7 years later.

Luke - pick 40 in 2010 National Draft, Sydney Swans
Tom - pick 24 in 2010 rookie draft, St Kilda
Max - WPC World PL Champion Teen 82.5kg class
Alistair - Basketball in D League, Sandringham
Curtis - 2010 MPNFL U18 B&F, training with Frankston Dolphins

Of the remaining 5, one committed suicide a few months ago and the other 4 I havent heard anything about.

He also played with the Dandenong Rangers either side of his one year at Frankston.

Anthony - AIS (Basketball) just declared he is playing college ball with Boisey State in Idaho in 2011
Paul - pick 76 2010 National Draft, Collingwood
Tom - Picked up as a 17yo by GWS last month

His Facebook list of friends is getting more interesting

Of all the boys achievements, Max's easily rates as the Least Likely to have Happened lol

Last edited:
I had a new girls start today. I explained to her she would be sore afterwards. She came with friends, she explained she did Crossfit, she would be fine.

We did some squatting and benching to warm upo, then the routine I had the players do.

Nina did it all, Sussi managed over 90% of it, Louise and Nicole did most.

The new girl managed this (in bold)

KB deadlift 56kg x 10
UDL 64kg x 10
Thrusters 16kg x 10
Thrusters 12kg x 10
Thrusters 10kg x 10
Cannonballs 28kg x 10
Cannonballs 24kg x 10
Cannonballs 20kg x 10
C&P 45kg x 10
Deadlift 70kg x 10
Military press 35kg x 10
Trap Bar dead 57kg x 10
KB swings 28kg x 10
KB swings 24kg x 10
KB swings 20kg x 10
KB swings 12kg x 10
KB swings 10kg x 10

She now has a healthy respect for PTC compared to Crossfit. She looked in okay shape as well. She also finished 5th from 5 in our 120m sprint

Little Lifter was there as well, he witnessed some of it, when he wasnt outside chucking. Nice pile too.

I get asked why some progress faster than others on identical programs. [...]

The footballers asked how the fuck James pulls 202.5kg. Here is my response.[...]

James is very positive
Actually, that sums up the clients I've had who've made the most progress. The ones with all the questions and the "but -" and "do I have to?" did not do so well.

One of those things which is obvious once someone else says it. Thanks Markos.

Dim squatted 145kg @ 73kg tonight

Pierre squatted 160kg @ 77kg. Pierre trains for Jiu Jitsu, now squats 160, benches 117.5 and deads 200, not bad for a guy who has no interest in powerlifting

Thats awesome... 6kg over double bodyweight for Pierre & 1kg off for Dim! He'll get there in time!!!

Sucks i'm like 20kg off double body weight!

Hey Markos, thought you might get a laugh out of this.
A kid I know through my Gridiron club has made a development squad run by Gridiron Australia.
So as to try and improve as best he could he went to his school gym and talked to the guy who's hired purely to supervise and teach good gym practices.
He asked the guy if he could explain to him how to deadlift. The response he got: "No, come back once you have earnt my respect".

^ that conversation should be made pay per view (or listen), and I reckon it'd have more ppl listen than ppl who watched that "fight" last night....

Hey Markos, thought you might get a laugh out of this.
A kid I know through my Gridiron club has made a development squad run by Gridiron Australia.
So as to try and improve as best he could he went to his school gym and talked to the guy who's hired purely to supervise and teach good gym practices.
He asked the guy if he could explain to him how to deadlift. The response he got: "No, come back once you have earnt my respect".

WTF is that supposed to even mean? Isn't it his job to do that lol.. I would of decked the ****

I hope Wayne looked after you.

Here is a vid of Max jumping 115cm in weightlifting shoes.

He did this between sets of 140kg front squats, hence the shoes.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZQ9NAoGWs8"]YouTube - PTC Frankston, Max jumps 115cm in weightlifting shoes[/ame]

I freeze the vid when Max is over the bar, he clears it by between 20-30cm

Last edited:
Kids got hops! Yeah he did. They didn't have any of the Hex bars with the Olympic collars on them so he ordered one in. Ended up getting an Olympic Flat U bar instead. Gonna slowly starting building up my weight collection for when I finish my Cert IV so I can train people out of the garage.

Here is a vid of Max jumping 115cm in weightlifting shoes.

He did this between sets of 140kg front squats, hence the shoes.

Not bad, white men CAN jump!

What sets/reps was he doing for 140kg front squats if you remember?