• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC version 2.0

I would have been having a crack if I didn't do my hammy a few weeks ago. No point going in half baked.

You injured yourself again mate?

im getting really paranoid reading about this injury stuff

beginning to just hope i make it through this whole weightlifting thing alive

Bigger and faster than he would be if he didn't train at all :)

Nick reminds me of a trainer at one of my gyms, trains really hard, sweating, grunting, crying out in pain. Looks great, quite strong by mainstream gym standards. He seems to have a different injury every week.

Injuries are the price we pay for the thrill of not sitting on our arse.

Just a quick question for you Nick, how do you deal with all these injuries? For example do you go physio and make sure you stretch etc?

How does it make you feel mentally?

Because I have been having some issues with my lower back (poor hip flexor, glute, hamstring flexibility) due to squatting and leaning too far forward (good morning) for the past 4 weeks now...

I haven't trained a solid COMPLETE session of the beginner PTC program since. 4 weeks ago... I have just been doing bench, press, row (sometimes it gets tight even doing them exercises so stop) whenever I feel like it...

The point being is I feel like pure SHIT. . . My lifts have gone down as I'm not lifting therefore don't think in my brain I should be eating as much as I used too, which makes me think ill put on more fat (that I don't need lol) so Ye it's just like a vicious weakening cycle I think...

I just need a lot of motivation to sit there and stretch for 20mins before and after I workout... And on top of all this the best I've ever squared was 75kg 3x8 =\

Fuck my life lol

Dan, they key thing to remember is that you're working out for a lifetime, not just a short while. During your life you're not going to have a steady upward path in everything. You will lose jobs, be dumped by spouse, smash your car, lose your favourite records or destroy your favourite book, have to move house to some place you don't like much, get sick or injured, and so on.

Looked at in the context of a lifetime, a few months' unemployment or a few years being single, a few months off training due to injury, these are not a big deal.

Shit happens. All you can do is keep plodding along making the best of it :)

You make some really good points there Kyle..

It's just when your determined to achieve something it really irritates me when I can't due to injury... And I have known from past experience not to take big breaks as personally I know turn EXTReMeLY weak, also since I am at 30% bf at 90.1kg at 180cm (got this done before i started training so it may have gone down) the last thing I want is extra fat gain so I try eat less...

It's a real pain in the ass, especially when I go to squat and i can only squat 55kg for 8 reps or deadlift 100kg for a few reps as opposed to 75kg 3x8 squat an 3x8 deadlift at 110kg...

I guess I'll see how i go this coming Wednesday...

Daniel,

Kyle is on the money. Its a marathon, not a sprint. To give you some perspective for a bit of a laugh...

During your life you're not going to have a steady upward path in everything. You will:

1. lose jobs: Yep, got sacked a few years back and was the sole income earner at the time with a couple of mortgages...

2. be dumped by spouse: Not yet luckily...

3. smash your car: hah, far too often...

4. lose your favourite records or destroy your favourite book: common occurance...

5. have to move house to some place you don't like much: why do you think I'm in Brisbane now? Work said move or get sacked again, your choice. I moved...

6. get sick or injured: Still working through my shoulder injury...

But I'm 40 mate and still lifting, and to be honest making some of the best gains of my life. Its a mental game as much as anything. Even my missus told me I was fat last night which I'm now dealing with mentally. Mental toughness will see you through. Stick with it.

Cheers,
Mike

Life is a one act play with no encores...on that, my training is geared on being able to walk on my own and eat solid food by the time I'm ninety.

"Injuries are the price we pay for the thrill of not sitting on our arse"

Proper, safe-resistance training is about minimizing the risk.

Fellas, all this talk of injuries in my PTC thread by guys who dont train at PTC is disturbing.

Please stop.

Everybosy eventually gets injured, right markos? Even those who train at PTC.

I have never been injured at ptc aside from straining my wrist attempting a powerclean I should have dropped anyway

little niggles are not injuries

I have never been injured at ptc aside from straining my wrist attempting a powerclean I should have dropped anyway

little niggles are not injuries

As much as I want to respond to that I will bite my blabber fingers out of respect :p