• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ptc Sydney

Sounds great ceffo.

Marrickville is a top location - fairly central to the city, but not a mega traffic jam, and v.good rail connections, I think stick with that. plus it's close to me (inner west).

looking forward to more details.

I'm a bit worried about rocking up early one day and finding n00bs and Ceffo working out. On each other. :eek:

bro - Strathfield while viable and easy to get to from other suburbs is just insane in terms of rent. I wish i had the capital for it.

Jdizzle - Mate it will be fully sic bru.

I've been told I can only train there if I wear a Mankini.

WTF ????

You say this like it's a bad thing. What I like to do is shove the fabric at the back together to self-wedgie myself at the start of every workout. It's literally bad-ass.

If any of guys can see something im missing (equipment wise) from the above let me know.

Broomsticks are a great tool to have.

Foam rollers maybe?

Some common equipment:
kettlebells
medballs
sandbags
fitballs

I realise fitballs aren't in a "dungeon fitness" theme and also are not that popular with a lot of people on this forum but if it is that you think you may have people at one time or another performing rehab work then they are a great tool.

Sydenham seems really good cause of the trains and being close to the city...

Only downside I can possibly see is the 5pm-10pm will maybe limit people?

But you could work something out...

Thats the Idea. People that can afford to work out at Strength Gyms generally have jobs and will come from work to the gym. Remember you are paying a privilege to keep gym fuckwits away, PTC Frankston and Brisbane both have similar hours.

Sydenham seems really good cause of the trains and being close to the city...

For now its that way but I Will open up during the day once things settle down

Just waitt till i get down to 90 and lifts go up

Im on the road to a 300 dead... Wait and see.

PTCsydney FTW

haha thats the spirit. I can really see australian lifting reaching a more competitive level in the future with the introduction of these gym. Competition is what makes a better lifter.

I know id'e be interested to see who would train there, so maybe edit first post and make a list if you can be bothered ceffo?

You can count me in.

As someone who is looking to do this in Adelaide, I'll tell you what I'm doing.

I'm lucky to have an epic shed at my parents place which is decked out with equipment. The thing to do next is to get more and more people training with me and a reasonable membership.

First thing you need to do, is find somewhere to train. Start small, 40 square meters is more than enough for 2 platforms, 2 racks and 2 benches. It won't be pretty but it will work. Then is the real tricky thing, do you put 5 grand down and affiliate with Markos? In doing so you get much cheaper equipment to deck out. Or do you try to find your own equipment and wait till you're somewhat established before you affiliate.

I am extremely lucky that my parents agreed to the large shed, and when we shut down the Adelaide Weightlifting Club I took in most of the equipment. This gave me a huge head start, but that's what you need to consider.

Then you need to get people in and training, and YOU need to be there every time, all the time. I would not recommend you train, you need to prowl around and keep your eyes out at all time, train on your own time. I tried training with the group and it was not fun, gotta keep your eye out, rush to spot someone, make sure they aren't going to slam a bar through the wall, heaps of things.

But best of luck!