• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ptc Sydney - Whats been happenin

Another crossfitter came in yesterday. he trains at liechardt crossfit.
he was 6'1 80kg.. he asked if we did xfitt here at the gym.

Im not sure whats going on here.. Getting a few of these enquiries every week. he had busted his ITB's after 6months for some reason.

I mentioned we do strength training and oly lifting. He was pretty keen.
I said if he jioned first thing he would need to do is buy a new wardrobe.
He asked why?
I said 80kg@6'1 wont last long as he will enevntually put on weight.

Crossfitters are light because theyre prescribed paleo which is very low carb. Actually, ask him if he does "zone" diet too - if he does can you smash him for me?

I'm wrapping Tim....... oh make him squat wrapped, will make my day.
Am I sadistic?

bring it on midget. :p
might make my squat appear somewhat more respectable :p

Trent. i'm fucking massive, so i'll need an appropriately massive size

notsrs.

probably large though :p

Have made cookies.
I made these the other week and squatted my Max so I have named them 1RM Choc cookies :)
But they are only for the lifters going for 1RM's so you miss out Trent. Sorry.

A great man once said .. would u rather be remembered as the guy who made a difference in others lives through fitness
Or just some guy working a well payed job and one of the sheep?

At the time it didn't hold meaning what that saying meant till today when I saw matty who is 13 years old squatting a pb of 70kg. 8 weeks ago he was on 20kg goblet squats.
With the right training and persistence he will be well into the 100kg by the end of the year.

While Most kids are playing Xbox at his age. Matty is learning that through lifting.
Such things as
- hard work
- persistance (he was distraught that he could not do 1 pushup at the start. He is now benching 35kg by keeping at the program)
- setting goals

All this should also mature him onto everyday life.

cheers Trent

A great man once said .. would u rather be remembered as the guy who made a difference in others lives through fitness
Or just some guy working a well payed job and one of the sheep?

At the time it didn't hold meaning what that saying meant till today when I saw matty who is 13 years old squatting a pb of 70kg. 8 weeks ago he was on 20kg goblet squats.
With the right training and persistence he will be well into the 100kg by the end of the year.

While Most kids are playing Xbox at his age. Matty is learning that through lifting.
Such things as
- hard work
- persistance (he was distraught that he could not do 1 pushup at the start. He is now benching 35kg by keeping at the program)
- setting goals

All this should also mature him onto everyday life.

cheers Trent

What's his height / weight? :p

wingnut - he is 170cm/80kg

our first nutrition QA session just going over basics on how to macro count.
Wasn't too bad considering it was State of origin night.

NutritionQA.jpg

I wish you videoed it.... I would have like to sit in on that but a bit hard... I think that would have taught me heaps!

Been awhile since updates.

Jasmine - who has lymphoma in her left leg has been with PTC sydney for over 2 months. Her phyiso recommended she try lifting some form of weights to lower the swelling in her legs.

2 months in and on her last visit to the physio they were surprised that it had decreased so much compared to swimming and other prev sports by doing strength training.She had to have a new smaller custom cast made.

This is positive news for such a positive out going female.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkhb0hd8AsE]PTC Sydney - Jasmine Progress as of 170712 - YouTube[/ame]

Kevin - gridiron player has improved hi on field game immensely. 5 months ago he was squatting 90kg bro style.

he managed 170kg box touch and go.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69VukIMUH1I]PTC Sydney - Kevin 170kg box Squat PB1@72kg - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah even with goblet squats her left leg which is 2x her right in size (due to swelling) wasnt taking the weight very well. Its been over 2months and shes finally onto the barbell. She does pretty good with goblets ATG etc.

no mobility/flex issues. I initially thought her left leg would cause issues with mobility but as u can see its not a problem in the video.

Only put her on Box due to a lot of tech issues which need ironing out slowly.

Very keen girl and always wanting to get stronger.

First time ive trained somebody with the condition.

Some of the new starters who jioned 6 weeks ago.
They are now intermediate lifters and more in this short time

Marc morelli

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5EVi2lVu_U]PTC Sydney - Marc Morelli 6 week progress 01072012 - 15082012 - YouTube[/ame]

Andrew morelli

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5d0b_1mMhw]PTC Sydney - Andrew Morelli 6 week progress 01072012 - 15082012 - YouTube[/ame]

That 210kg deadlift last night was awesome...
Infact both the 200+kg lifts looked good.

Then both owen and jo pulled 200 also lol.