• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ptc Sydney - Whats been happenin

Some new guys at the gym last week asked me apart from getting strong would they get bigger since they didnt do "bodybuilding workouts" or be more swole as our training was very different.

Body transformations are generally not what we do as a sole focus at PTC Sydney but its good to put stuff into perspective sometimes and reap the side benefits. This aint rocket science but most people seem to think it is. Lift heavy things/Eat lots/Rest well.

Here is Ryan McGuffin 6 months in.

Big Congrats to Xavier Sales on his Gold and Silver at the recent Pan Pacific BJJ Championships.

He joined ptc sydney around 7 weeks ago as he felt that he was not as strong on the mats as he should be and there was a certain lack of base strength.

He started training the base lifts of squat/Deads/OHP and achieved some sound numbers at 60kg body weight having never really taken strength training seriously prior.

Squat - 120
Bench - 80
Dead - 170
OHP - 55x3

These numbers were achieved from training at PTC Sydney 2 days a week and technique work at gracie Barra Blacktown the other 4 days.

When Stefan Pizzardi joined PTC i had him have a quick chat about his past training history as we do all new members. He was a fairly tall 6’3 large framed male with a Blonde afro sitting in my office.

I asked what his previous lifts were.
He told me he had been training for over 7 months prior and they were 170/90/230 in a full meet at a bodyweight of 114kg. His bench and squat had not moved as much since.

He said he wanted to compete at the highest level while still obtaining records as a junior in PA.

The first few weeks were spent fixing up that good morning he called a squat. Loads of Rows and front squats later.....

Below are his lifts in the 9 months he has been at PTC.

1. Late Feb 2013 comp 170/90/230@114.4 PRIOR to joining PTC.
2. 5 months later at the PA his and hers meet in August 222.5/117.5/265 (115kg total INCREASE)
3. IPF Commonweath and Oceania Powerlifting Championships December 2013
(262.5, 122.5/272.5 – 168kg in 9 months)

Achievements: Representing Australia taking home gold and silver in his respective division along with breaking Numerous national records along the way.
He remained relatively injury free during this period as well. Quick progress often leads to injuries if other factors are overlooked.

No gimmicks, PHDs in lifting or banded SSB good mornings with chains were involved in this progress. A straight bar and adding weights each week to it. Loads of cookies were involved in the making.
A Strong focus on technique and good Simple programming with alot of hard work by Stefan. That kind of progression is typical at PTC.

Come train at PTC in 2014 and fast track your strength gains.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09YXO-YTf20&feature=youtu.be

Its been awhile and the gyms been real busy. I have opened another 2 gyms.

PTC Canberra and PTC sydenham.

So it has taken up alot of my time.

I will start posting a bit more when i can.