• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ptc ppp

I'm not like that. I have a theory that if you lend someone $20 and you never see them again, then it was money well spent

What I meant, Gareth, was that I persisted with wearing them even though they didn't feel quite right... but within a few lifts they were feeling much better.

I'd say stick to whatever's working! :D
<cut>

Yes that's what I read. I was thinking what if I tried a few sessions without them .... :)
But its definitely working as-is so I'll stick with it for now.

Did my first PPP tonight. Was able to finish 5x10 at 100 lat pulldowns, 5x65 curls but only 1x12.5 free curls with dumb-bells. Kind of confused. Had next to no form with the dumb-bells also. Legs were 10x230 no issues at all. I'm beginning to think the entire gym is in pounds because I've never pumped weights before tonight and I was able to do around a quarter from max total weights (like, the weight slabs were nearly all used) on most of the machines. That probably means nothing.

Whatever, it was fun and I feel great.

Markos.

8-9 weeks ago I started the 130kg Bench PPP, I think it was around week 7-8 that I actually benched 130kg. At the time I thought a 5kg increment on bench would be a good gain for where I am, optimistic no, realistic, yes. I did not find any of those weeks I did difficult, in fact, I did more weight than prescribed. Perhaps 130kg was too light.

Tonight, I wanted to reset my PPP to 140kg. I mean, a 10kmg increase in 11 weeks which would take me over 1.5BW would be fantastic, but falling on the optimistic side of things. Week 1 -5 or something, look light, the first lift for week 1 is 102.5kg x 2, and that was the max weight for the week. I've done 112.5kg 5 x 5.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, is the first half of PPP meant to be "easier", is the intention a sort of deload (which would surprise me because I know you don't like deloading).

Am I picking too light a goal weight, or is this intentional? Anyone else find this?

The program is designed to work over an 11 week cycle

The first week of 140kg is 102.5kg x 5, not 2

If you can bench 112.5kg x 5 x 5 and your 1RM is only 130kg, the problem lies with your ability to be explosive on a 1RM

I think you are undershooting your 1RM, I suggest going to 150kg if your unsure

Am I picking too light a goal weight

Yes you are you big pussy

look at the 1st 2 weeks, not the 1rm part, you dont have to worry about that for 11 weeks. Look at the 1st 2 weeks and ask yourself if you can just see you yourself doing it, not overly easy but not impossible
since you can do 5x5 112kg then the 150 routine as M said should be good for you. just make sure you keep up the eating in the final weeks

Did my first PPP tonight. Was able to finish 5x10 at 100 lat pulldowns, 5x65 curls but only 1x12.5 free curls with dumb-bells. Kind of confused. Had next to no form with the dumb-bells also. Legs were 10x230 no issues at all. I'm beginning to think the entire gym is in pounds because I've never pumped weights before tonight and I was able to do around a quarter from max total weights (like, the weight slabs were nearly all used) on most of the machines. That probably means nothing.

Whatever, it was fun and I feel great.

lat pulldowns, curls, machines, dumbbells
what on earth?

has PPP been revised?

lat pulldowns, curls, machines, dumbbells
what on earth?

has PPP been revised?

?
There is zero specifics in the PPP of what all of the reps should be of exactly.
What's wrong with what I did? did I screw up?

has PPP been revised?

yeah it has mate

Deadlift is now Lat pulldown
Squat is now leg press
Bench is now db curls

assistance excercises are machines only apart from db/bb bicep curls and swiss ball stability excercises

Its for squat bench and deadlift..

All of which are hogged at my gym all night by this group of dudes that all seem to know each other, I have no chance of penetrating their clicky meat-shield. It's awkward even going over that side of the room. Not QQ'ing here.

Anyway, Markos said Lat pull-downs weren't bad, so I did it with them and curls.

Romp it sounds like you need to be doing the beginner program for a while, not PPP.

All of which are hogged at my gym all night by this group of dudes that all seem to know each other, I have no chance of penetrating their clicky meat-shield. It's awkward even going over that side of the room. Not QQ'ing here.

Anyway, Markos said Lat pull-downs weren't bad, so I did it with them and curls.

Thats no excuse. A gym where you cant squat, bench and deadlift isnt a gym. Its that simple.

Romp it sounds like you need to be doing the beginner program for a while, not PPP.

Thats no excuse. A gym where you cant squat, bench and deadlift isnt a gym. Its that simple.

I asked if it was OK for novices, complete beginners. Markos said yes.
Maybe he was lying, I don't know, you seem to know more than him, you tell me.

I asked if it was OK for novices, complete beginners. Markos said yes.
Maybe he was lying, I don't know, you seem to know more than him, you tell me.

Its okay. There are faster ways to get bigger and stronger (eg his beginner program) but it would work okay if you were doing it correctly.

The problem is you're not. You don't seem to be squatting, benching and deadlifting which IS the program. You could be picking assistance lifts that are much greater bang for buck as well - replacing a chin up for a dumbell curl is like entering your grandmother's corolla in a formula one race.

Its okay. There are faster ways to get bigger and stronger (eg his beginner program) but it would work okay if you were doing it correctly.

The problem is you're not. You don't seem to be squatting, benching and deadlifting which IS the program. You could be picking assistance lifts that are much greater bang for buck as well - replacing a chin up for a dumbell curl is like entering your grandmother's corolla in a formula one race.

As I said above, my gym is positively fucked. I should never have signed up.
I had a blouse on Facebook about it this morning and it seems it's notorious - a half dozen people commented back talking about the hole. I should have done my homework and I'm reaping the consequence of that. My problem.

There's a big-dudes gym the same distance away from me though. Always see massive dudes out the front of the the gym & it's tailored for pretty much what I've only just started getting in to. I bet I'm now stuck in this crappy contract. This is the other place :
Probody Fitness Centre | Probody Gym | Gym | Mitsos Gym | Sydney Gym | Gym Training |