• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ptc ppp

n00bs your words are too kind thank you. You know we always need the good, the bad, and the ugly in people. I've learned to welcome the bad and the ugly for they are the ones that truly make us grow in stature--- by testing and getting the best out of us.

Please everyone, do not take my words out of context or I would really be in trouble here :D!

Fadi.

Last edited:
I'm actually quite passive.

From my observations, its the weak that yell at others. A few quiet words is all it takes.

I somehow feel you guys have the wrong impression of me. Here is what someone else recently posted on another site.

I just wish I started training there years ago I wasted my time and money training everywhere else.. thinking I'll go to ptc to face massive cocky,up themself lifters there. But I was far from right. I expected M to be a mean hard arse... Just like he comes across on the web. But he's a great guy and nice and can take a joke. Every lifter there is nice and freindly from kids up to older ladies and men which was massive supprise for me. PTC feels like a big fimily party that gets results, anyone who puts the place down shut your face and go train there before you judge..

Passive my ar$e!

Passive - Lacking in energy or will, tending not to take an active or dominant part, receiving or enduring without resistance.

Apart from the receiving without resistance part that does not sound ANYTHING like you. LOL

But seriously anyone who comes to PTC wanting to improve themself, is willing to listen and take advice will find Markos a good teache and somone who will genuinely want you to improve. Not to mention a gym full of like minded lifters willing to help.

Anyone coming in there with and attitude or an ego will soon find themselves with a reality check.

Last edited:
He is greek though. :p
Yes, they are all mad. My first girlfriend was Greek, she was mad, too. And yet somehow appealing.
NPR said:
Anyone coming in there with and attitude or an ego will soon find themselves with a reality check.
I know, he had to slap me around a bit, I cried but it was all for the good in the end.

Last night I was working with a guy, he was doing barbell sumo deadlifts for the first time. The first couple of sets were a bit rough as he learned the movement. By the third set he was looking smooth and strong with it, though just did 3 reps.

I gave him a fourth set, told him to do 3 reps again. By the 2nd rep he was doing it so smoothly that I said, "You're doing well, better make it 4 reps."

"FCK YOU!" he cried indignantly.
I laughed.
He did 4 reps, put down the weight.
"Okay, keep your back extended as you lower the weight... well done."
I patted him on the back.
"See, I knew you could do 4 reps."
"Get fcked," he said.

This is in contrast to workouts in the Army with PTIs yelling abuse at us, or Biggest Loser-inspired trainers who yell at their clients. I think I prefer it the other way around, trainer stays calm, the client does the swearing.

So here's my thought: In a bad session the instructor yells abuse at the client, in a good session the client yells abuse at the instructor.

I just finished week 5 of PPP on all 3 lifts. Theoretically (using 1RM calculator) I'm not breaking any PB yet, but in terms of x3 and x5 sets, it's PB all over the place.

The x5 sets in squat and deadlift (mostly the latter) are killing me though. Like in today's deadlift, I felt that 172.5 x3 was easy, yet I was out of breath with 152.5 x5. First 3 reps went up OK, last 2 took what seemed like forever.

Maybe it's the shitty sleep I'm getting due to the World Cup?

All the volume is done in the first 4 weeks, the reps decline as we approach a comp, or week 11.

Its one of the reasons why everybody finds week 1 really tough once they start the next program, the volume.

the volume is also one of the keys behind the success of this program.

I have to start a thread about Advanced Athletic Ability (AAA)

A few clients have done some sessions and the feedback is interesting lol

Nina said the last time she felt like this was when she was thrown off a horse.

Yeah if it felt easy all the way through then I wouldn't get any stronger, would I? :D

I'm so looking forward to week 7 onwards when the reps are low. I'd much rather lift heavier weights x3 or x1!

AAA? You have a way with program names, Markos! :D

I have to start a thread about Advanced Athletic Ability (AAA)

A few clients have done some sessions and the feedback is interesting lol

Nina said the last time she felt like this was when she was thrown off a horse.
Please do, I'd like to read about it.

AAA? You have a way with program names, Markos! :D

LOL, wait till you hear the names of his other programs;

BBB - Big Bad Bench
KKK - Kool Kettlebell Komplex

lol great stuff! ive already paid M $40 so i can get my hands on AAA and BBB, just waiting for him to finalise the writeup.

as for PPP, about a month ago, i tested my 1RM for the deadlift to be 155kg. yesterday, i had to do 155kg for 5 reps, and the gruelling 3x5 sets after that.

talk about upping the intensity :eek:

BBB - Big Bad Bench
KKK - Kool Kettlebell Komplex

:D

Markos, you should rename the Advanced in AAA to Awesome, to match those two names.

amac38 said:
as for PPP, about a month ago, i tested my 1RM for the deadlift to be 155kg. yesterday, i had to do 155kg for 5 reps, and the gruelling 3x5 sets after that.

talk about upping the intensity

Yeah, but a month ago, you were deadlifting with the intensity of a Fitness First mirror athlete, mate. :p That didn't count!

Bench press aside, there wont be any other specialization programs, I simply feel theyre not needed.

Powerlifting
Athletic training
Cardio
Bench press

and maybe a beginners journal, not just the program. The only difference with that one would be I couldnt include the table with the weights, just the ideology of why I choose the exercises I do, and the rep/sets/frequency.

Its the one thats most needed out there, but likely to be the least successful to the end user, therefore "hurting" PTC.

PPP and AAA are faultless in that you will get stronger, run faster, jump higher if you follow them. Without the weights table BP would fail most lifters, unfortunately.

I'll put the finishing touches on BBB, still have a little feedback coming.

Once upon a time there was a boy who liked to drink mother and eat cheese and mac.

He waited and waited for markos to send him a jumper, but he didnt get one, and then he was cold :(

/cool story bro.

Its a program aimed at systematically increasing the weight in the 3 big lifts

Squat, bench press and deadlifts. It trains each lift once a week, assistance exercises are done on the same day.

It is not for total novices, I feel they should drill basic lifts 2-3 times a week.

we trialed it in my gym and competition, also used by quite a few members on here, check the journals for results

I also missed a lift on monday, week 8 of the 160 squat.
But I took 2 mins had another crack and got it. I then went 130x3 insted of 127.5x3.

I dont have to re-do the week do I M............Or do I :(