• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein Pancake

Just tried MikeW's recipe and sorry to say that they were terrible. Just the texture is sooo dry & hard to eat, like most times I've tried to make protein pancakes. Lucky I only made half a batch =)
Yeah mate, they are a bit dry. That's why I add the fruit and natural yoghurt.

Might give bearattack's recipe a go too.

Cheers,
Mike

My personal favourite:
i even add a cup or 2 of spinach for my greens and you have a perfectly balanced meal. you can't taste it but it does turn your pancake bright green haha

Lol GREEN pancakes, sounds awesome! I might try your recipe next saturday, they're not heaps dry from the protein powder are they? That's the one problem i keep havign with the protein pancake recipes =(.

If you want fluffy and moist pancakes, make sure the water you use is sparkling water or mineral water or what ever and throw in a teaspoon of glycerine.

Also Almond Meal > Oats anytime.

My chocolate almond pancakes (Adjust quantities to suite your goals):
1 Cup Almond Meal, either blanched or unblanched. I prefer the texture of blanched.
1 or 2 scoops of Choc Protein
1 TBS Raw Cacao
1/2 cup Sparkling Water
2-3 Whole Eggs
1 tsp Glycerine
1 TBS Baking Powder
Stevia/Sweetener to taste.

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk eggs, mix in rest of wet ingredients. Slowly pour wet ingredients into dry mix. Mix with either hand or hand mixer. Cook. Eat. Poop. Repeat. It all sounds like a lot, but it takes 2 seconds and it's simple as.

Lol GREEN pancakes, sounds awesome! I might try your recipe next saturday, they're not heaps dry from the protein powder are they? That's the one problem i keep havign with the protein pancake recipes =(.

No they're not dry at all. The mrs complains that they're 'oatey' but I guess that's to be expected without any form of flour. I've been eating them for so long now I think I prefer them to normal pancakes =/

Iron, mate, i think you only need 1 tsp od baking powder, not 1 tbs.... could end up not tasting very good...

I tried to make some and they tasted like cardboard at best.

I've given up on adding protein into the mixture, I prefer to make a high protein topping that way you still have great tasting pancakes + the protein. For the topping I blend half a container of cottage cheese with frozen mixed berries and a table spoon of whey. Add to pancakes along with chopped kiwifruit. Delicious! Although the colour does makes it look like some weird meal off star trek or something. Will post a pic. up next time i make them :)

Iron, mate, i think you only need 1 tsp od baking powder, not 1 tbs.... could end up not tasting very good...

Only ever used a TBS or so by eye. Doesn't effect the taste outcome what so ever. A tsp would suffice eitherway. Heck you don't even have to use baking powder.

Simple and delicious:

1 cup of WPC
1/2 cup of Water
1 egg
1/4 tsp of baking soda
1/4 tsp of vanilla essence

Add the water gradually until the consistency is just right. I find just under a half a cup is what's required. Blend the whole lot until smooth. Wipe virgin olive oil on the fry pan before use to get a nice non-stick surface. Cook on a low heat, turn, cook some more, enjoy.

I like to add fresh fruit and natural yoghurt on top and eat this as my Saturday breakfast. Makes two large pancakes.

attachment.php

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Mike

Looks effing delicious man.

What type of whey protein powder are u using?

Tried making these babies afew times and this recipe is my fav so far:

Blend:
1 cup oats
2/3 cup cottage cheese
2 whole eggs
4 egg whites
vanilla essence
cinnamon

Slam on cinnamon + sugar free syrup + blueberries = party in your mouth

780 Cal
60P/85C/20F

Tried making these babies afew times and this recipe is my fav so far:

Blend:
1 cup oats
2/3 cup cottage cheese
2 whole eggs
4 egg whites
vanilla essence
cinnamon

Slam on cinnamon + sugar free syrup + blueberries = party in your mouth

780 Cal
60P/85C/20F

regular oats or quick oats? looks good i might try it.

You're worried about the cals in a BBQ chicken and you just ate 24gms of fat.
What gives dude?

haha 24g of fat from MCT's and it was all planned anyway. I told ya, I'm a numbers man. I am an accountant after all :) (and primal diet so higher fat is ok with me)

I actually think its impossible to make your own good tasting, soft and fluffy pancakes with protein powders. Every recipe I have tried for these, they've been hard as rocks and taste even worse.

I just made these tonight -

2 whole eggs
2 tbsp of almond butter
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of Stevia Sweetner
1 scoop of plain, unflavoured protein powder
tbsp of lemonade (to lighten the batter)

Mix, heat, serve.

fugn aawful... they turned hard in 2 minutes on the plate and no amount of butter and jam could make 'em any more palatable.

Now these, which I have also made myself, were SUPERB. I hate to think how they do it, but damn, beat any homemade recipe I've tried by a country mile.

Oh, as to the commercial bought pancakes (bottom of the post) I made above, I added a little extra to up the protein content and thought I'd break it out for you:

pancakes alone (whole pack)
2148 kj (515 calories)
63gms protein
62gms carbs (12gms sugar)
4gms fat

I add 400mls of full cream organic milk, instead of the recommended 300mls low fat. This adds:

1034 kj (247 calories)
13gms protein
21.7 gms carbs (all sugars)
13.6gms fat

And, I add in one scoop of plain unflavoured unadulterated protein powder (about 20gms worth). This seems to have no influence on the taste or the texture - it's possible another scoop might also be OK, but I haven't tried that yet. Anyway, that one extra scoop adds:

334 kj (80 cals)
16gms protein
1gm sugar/carbs
1gm fat

This makes about 8 decent sized pancakes that actually taste really good (no, seriously, I've made these fuckers myself and they actually are more than edible), and so doing the quick maths they break out to about:

439kj/105cals - 11.5gms protein - 10.58gms carbs/sugars - 2.32gms fat PER pancake.

I get the pancakes at Evelyne Faye in Bourke Street, but most BB stores seem to have them, and they are online at various spots in this country too.

Ok I want to attempt a 'protein pancake' and I'm going to try it with this mix -

Choc WPC, coconut oil, whole eggs and some cream. Is there anything else that would be beneficial to add to these ingredients?