• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein Direct - Opinions on products

I just stumbled upon AussieNutrition.com.au, they have WPI alot cheaper than Protein Direct, 10Kg for $190 at Aus nutri, or $260 at Protein Direct. Their protein, EAA and Non-EAA levels are pretty much even. Thats the WPI though.

The price difference for WPC $150 at Aus nutri or $180 at Protein Direct. Protein, EAA and Non-EAA levels are better as well in the cheaper Aus Nutri stuff. What I dont get is at the top of their site it says 'Our products are imported from the best manurfacturers in NZ' then under the product information it states 'Product Of Australia - Packed in Australia under the following strict standards: DFSV and AQIS (Approved exporter)'

The Protein Direct stuff comes from USA.

how much is the shipping tho?

When delivery is considered, 20kg of WPC is still cheaper from Proteindirect than from AussieNutrition.

How are you guys working that out?

Aussie nutrition wpc
280+12= 292
80.3g protein per 100g = 16,060g protein for 292

Protein direct wpc
295+7= 302
77g protein per 100g = 15,400g protein for 302

Am I missing something guys? Confused now thought AU NUtrition was cheaper?

Protein Direct is $287 total when you claim the 5% off (if you register as a member on sizemetters).

I have heard lots of comments about the chocolate flavored PD WPI.. All good..
Just wondering what vanilla is like?

(FYI - Aside from the WPC vs WPI debate - I'm told that the WPI mixes better, but I also would prefer purchasing an NZ product.)

It's gonna be either Protein Direct or fitnesscentral ..

ah yes the sizematters discount. Though if you look at the protein content of both and work it out, it's still 292 for 16060g protein from aus nutrition and 287 for 15400g from PD. That's a 660g of actual protein (not protein powder) difference plus the higher levels of EAAs and Non essential EAAs.

If you are on the sizematters forum, you can PM Proteindirect and he will send you some samples.

He sent me Choc and Vanilla WPI but I've yet to try the vanilla, so can't comment. Choc was good though.

[bulknutirents.com.au[/url] is another one to take a look at.

roughly the same prices $290 for 20kg of Aussie WPC (81.6%)

$12 flat rate shipping no matter how much you buy, there is some good prices for other supps on there also so if you buy anything else the postage is essentially free.

I just placed an order there last week and Ben who runs the site got back to me nice and quick and was very helpful

Just my 2c

Yeah I saw their site, I tried PM'ing them on another forum twice but didn't hear back from them? and that was going back to last Saturday...

PD was very quick to get me samples (and alot of them!) and very friendly, will be test tasting them soon.

Aussie Nutrition answered my first email (there is no phone number anywhere for them???) and they said there is a fee for samples, i emailed back saying no problem and asked for further details to which I received no reply...

Looks like I know who gives the best customer service so far!

Yeah I saw their site, I tried PM'ing them on another forum twice but didn't hear back from them? and that was going back to last Saturday...

PD was very quick to get me samples (and alot of them!) and very friendly, will be test tasting them soon.

Aussie Nutrition answered my first email (there is no phone number anywhere for them???) and they said there is a fee for samples, i emailed back saying no problem and asked for further details to which I received no reply...

Looks like I know who gives the best customer service so far!

honestly mate, just pick one. it makes bugger all difference. i can't vouch for aussie nutrition, but i have tried the other two and they are both fine. although given bulk nutrients better macro nutrient break down, i have decided to order from them from now on.

of course, i am talking about the 20kg unflavoured here. if you want flavoured stuff, thats a whole different ball park. but for unflavoured, any 20kg sack of WPC will do :) no need to over analyse it

Looks like PD are changing over to US WPI due to supply issues from NZ..
Wonder if the quality will be any different..

I ordered some PD WPI this week for the first time.. Used to fall for all the US marketing hype, and think paying more for a fancy tub, with pretty colours = a better product.. :)

I've ordered a 5KG bag of unflavored New Zealand WPI for $135. Not bad since it's 89% protein.

Will see how it goes soon. Anyone tried the american stuff off protein direct? Is it much different. My god brother reckons NZ makes the best proteins but he is generally full of many theories....

Wow just got the NZ WPI protein today only after ordering it the night before last!

Just couldn't wait to try it. I mixed it with skim milk and one little tea spoon of the chocolate flavor I bought. The protein by itself hardly has a taste. It's great, it mixed completely really easily. No clumps or anything. It looks real fine too.

I'll have to wait and see when I drink it with water after training if there's a big difference. Might need more flavoring but so far so good. Just surprised at the insane solubility, my ON gold standard and syntha6 never mixed this easily.

The 2.5KG bags were massive (got two of them in my order). They completely fill my old Syntha6 container to the brim, almost didn't have enough room. This will last me a while! Cheap too considering the amount of protein per 100 grams.