• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein Direct - Opinions on products

haha, i doont remember fadi, enlighten me!!!

Why is that fructose can not be converted to muscle glycogen??

I thought (and still think) that this as well as all your other questions are some of the most powerful ones on this forum; I welcome them all and I thank you for your inquistive nature Shammo.

Fadi.

....I don't know where you get your unflavoured protein from, but it's always a good idea to insure that it's from down under or from our neighbours across the Tasman....

Fadi, I am also very close to buying some bulk protein from these guys, am just waiting on some samples from them. I was planning to get the NZ made WPI. Just wanted to ask your reasoning for the above please?

Thought that might of been the reasoning, just wanted to confirm it. Apart from the fact that the WPC isn't much good for Lactose Intolerant people, which isn't a problem for me thankful for that!

i got my 2.5kg WPI bag the other day. it mixes well, the taste is nothing to write home about but the cheapest protein ive ever bought and its even cheaper in bigger amounts and WPC

i've always gotten my protein from these guys, the 20kg WPC unflavoured for $302 including delivery, can't go wrong!

just put milo or something else in for flavouring if need be (personally i never use flavouring, but i do have it with dextrose PWO, so that adds a bit of a sugary taste)

re the WPC/WPI debate, honestly i think there is bugger all differnce, certainly not worth the extra cost anyway. i mean a 30g serve of WPI versus WPC may have an extra 1-2g of fat depending on the brand, and an extra couple of grams of carbs, it really makes no difference IMO

my last protein order (just received this morning) i ordered from a different place however, purely because it was the same price, but better macro nutrient break down (see below for comparison)

Protein 77%
Fat, total 6.3%
- saturated 3.5%
Carbohydrates (total) 10%
- sugars 5%

Protein: 81.3%
Carbohydrates 4.6% (sugars 4.6%)
Fat – total: 5.7% (Saturated 3.8%)

hope this helps :)

re the WPC/WPI debate, honestly i think there is bugger all differnce, certainly not worth the extra cost anyway. i mean a 30g serve of WPI versus WPC may have an extra 1-2g of fat depending on the brand, and an extra couple of grams of carbs, it really makes no difference IMO

i'll go WPC next time because of the price, i had $70 lying around in my paypal account which i hardly use so i went WPI for the hell of it

I thought it was more to do with the way that your body processes the protein. WPI is faster than WPC. Which is better for post workout shakes.

I just stumbled upon AussieNutrition.com.au, they have WPI alot cheaper than Protein Direct, 10Kg for $190 at Aus nutri, or $260 at Protein Direct. Their protein, EAA and Non-EAA levels are pretty much even. Thats the WPI though.

The price difference for WPC $150 at Aus nutri or $180 at Protein Direct. Protein, EAA and Non-EAA levels are better as well in the cheaper Aus Nutri stuff. What I dont get is at the top of their site it says 'Our products are imported from the best manurfacturers in NZ' then under the product information it states 'Product Of Australia - Packed in Australia under the following strict standards: DFSV and AQIS (Approved exporter)'

The Protein Direct stuff comes from USA.

I just stumbled upon AussieNutrition.com.au, they have WPI alot cheaper than Protein Direct, 10Kg for $190 at Aus nutri, or $260 at Protein Direct. Their protein, EAA and Non-EAA levels are pretty much even. Thats the WPI though.

The price difference for WPC $150 at Aus nutri or $180 at Protein Direct. Protein, EAA and Non-EAA levels are better as well in the cheaper Aus Nutri stuff. What I dont get is at the top of their site it says 'Our products are imported from the best manurfacturers in NZ' then under the product information it states 'Product Of Australia - Packed in Australia under the following strict standards: DFSV and AQIS (Approved exporter)'

The Protein Direct stuff comes from USA.

OMG!!! thats cheap...