• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein Alternatives!?

so my advice was totally ignored, and nobody even had a spare 30 minutes to learn.

the exact reason i don't post. keep talking about nothing, and keep being small and skinny fat. you deserve it.

supplements my ass.

big mic with 20+ yrs training

roflmfao i wouldn't let you make a childs meal let alone an elite athletes.

WTF??

I think you are missing the point, I will try it again, this is a SUPPLEMENT section of the forum, where we talk about SUPPLEMENTS, not the Diet and Nutrition section of the forum. I did listen to some of the pod cast and found it quite useless in relation to Protein SUPPLEMENTS, which this thread is about.

Not really that difficult to understand.

There is a Diet and Nutrition section in this forum, where we can discuss diffent food choices and diets etc etc. If I wanted advice on protein foods I would have posted a thread relating to this in the Diet and Nutrition part of the forum.

As my original post quite clearly states, the diet part is all taken care of, and I was looking for a discussion on Protein SUPPLEMENTS not food alternatives.

Your complaining that people are ignoring your posts, yet you post nothing relevant to the topic being discussed, may be post something that adds to the topic and people will pay attention.

Last edited:
Interesting, though i would say not a lot of protein in these and a lot of calories, exactly the opposite I am looking at achieving. A lot of protein with minimal calories.:)

I eat enough food as it is, but want a protein source with minimal calories and maximum protein, and as few carbs as possible for a snack.

Funny how the site does not show you what macros are in the final protein balls.

Well you could always make your own recipe. This is just a guide and I am sure there are hundreds of other protein ball recipes out there. You could add more protein by adding some more protein-rich ingredients. In short you just have to modify the recipe into something that you want to have.

I only just started considering egg white powder as a protein supplement again.

Anyone still use it??

I used it a long time ago but eventually stopped cos I got tired of it.

Pro's/Con's??

Pros, no carbs and fats. On my case, I have lactose intolerance so egg white powder was a good alternative for me. Took it in the morning so I can eat less throughout the day.

Cons? I took it in excess and I hurt my kidney and my PH balance got messed up (Protein is acidic).

Last edited:
and just how much protein were you chugging [MENTION=16032]pollie[/MENTION];?

i very much doubt your kidneys freaked out either lol. perhaps you were dehydrated.

MIck, egg white protein powder is rather icky. I've tried it and even experimented a lot with it for cooking etc. Not a fan frankly.
If you go the egg route, just buy Simply Egg Whites and use that in shakes. MUCH better.

MIck, egg white protein powder is rather icky. I've tried it and even experimented a lot with it for cooking etc. Not a fan frankly.
If you go the egg route, just buy Simply Egg Whites and use that in shakes. MUCH better.

People keep saying this, but I don't recall it being bad when I used to have it in the late 80's, but like I said the memory might have faded.

Also is the 'Simply Egg whites" cooked or would it be raw if I put it into shakes, I have read somewhere that we can not digest raw egg whites, not sure how true that is, might have to read up about that again.

Then again might give a reputable Whey Protein Supplier a run after all this:rolleyes:

People keep saying this, but I don't recall it being bad when I used to have it in the late 80's, but like I said the memory might have faded.

Also is the 'Simply Egg whites" cooked or would it be raw if I put it into shakes, I have read somewhere that we can not digest raw egg whites, not sure how true that is, might have to read up about that again.

Then again might give a reputable Whey Protein Supplier a run after all this:rolleyes:

Simply Egg Whites are pasteurised so perfectly OK to throw into a shake raw.

I use them to make protein cookie dough balls too and a whole host of other stuff.

There is also a choc and vanilla egg white shake...they are amazing.

I think I need you as my personal chef:p

Those balls sound like they would be delicious!!

I think protein alternatrive is you can use fresh fruits like banana,orange,apricot and peach to get a big dose of proteins,
Give me some suggestion,

food.

jesus christ is it that difficult to put on muscle? seriously!

If it IS that hard, you have a medical condition. period.

food.

jesus christ is it that difficult to put on muscle? seriously!

If it IS that hard, you have a medical condition. period.

I would say yes it's very hard otherwise there would be a lot more build up fit and strong looking blokes around than what there is.

PS you might have missed that this is posted in the supplement section discussing protein supplements. NOT the food section discussing protein foods.

As the opening post clearly states food is taken care of, we are looking at protein supplements.

Simple enough for the average person to understand I would have thought.:rolleyes:

Its not hard if you train hard, have the commitment and consistency - alot of people think they do all these 3 things but prob only about 5-10% that train really do this - so yes in some respects it can be hard but you only have yourself to blame.

Its not hard if you train hard, have the commitment and consistency - alot of people think they do all these 3 things but prob only about 5-10% that train really do this - so yes in some respects it can be hard but you only have yourself to blame.

True that