• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein Alternatives!?

just listen to the podcast before casting your hate

the podcast isnt even about paleo, its about life and training

When I was a teen and sometimes couldnt get wpi/wpc (no money) id just buy milk powder lol

Paleo ruins their brain and makes them immune to logic baz.

You need to get all your protein from wooly mammoth.

It is commonly known that paleo man killed the wooly mammoth, cooked it eat it, raped, slept.

And sat down to log this on his lap-top.

these people are professionals IN THE FIELD, training professionals, dont listen to me, see what they have to say!

Don't believe everything you are told by a professional. They have to make a living too so they are prone to going where the crowd is. There is no money in promoting a balanced modern diet, you need a gimmick to get people to spend money.

Organic, paleo, detox am I ringing any bells yet?

Paleo is probably fine but it's not superior to balance.

Don't believe everything you are told by a professional. They have to make a living too so they are prone to going where the crowd is. There is no money in promoting a balanced modern diet, you need a gimmick to get people to spend money.

Organic, paleo, detox am I ringing any bells yet?

Paleo is probably fine but it's not superior to balance.

don't be fooled by the title, did you even listen for 10 minutes? as i said, the discussion has nothing to do with paleo, its just on a paleo podcast. please give it a go

just trying to help, you know. open your mind. for example, sometimes its best to take a day off. others will say push through it. when do you choose? which is better? thats what this discussion is about.

and of course, the op wants to know how to refuel! but correctly. the best possible way for the best possible results.

well its not about just the food, its about everything. listen to that episode and learn from it, whether you beginner or advanced. just trying to help open some minds :)

Last edited:
don't be fooled by the title, did you even listen for 10 minutes? as i said, the discussion has nothing to do with paleo, its just on a paleo podcast. please give it a go

just trying to help, you know. open your mind. for example, sometimes its best to take a day off. others will say push through it. when do you choose? which is better? thats what this discussion is about.

and of course, the op wants to know how to refuel! but correctly. the best possible way for the best possible results.

well its not about just the food, its about everything. listen to that episode and learn from it, whether you beginner or advanced. just trying to help open some minds :)

My internet can't handle downloading too much stuff so I won't be listening to podcasts. I understand what you are saying and I'm happy to take your word for it.

I just don't get excited by the fashions that come and go in this game.

Considered protein balls? You can make you own by this recipe I found:

Protein balls Recipe | Good Food

Interesting, though i would say not a lot of protein in these and a lot of calories, exactly the opposite I am looking at achieving. A lot of protein with minimal calories.:)

I eat enough food as it is, but want a protein source with minimal calories and maximum protein, and as few carbs as possible for a snack.

Funny how the site does not show you what macros are in the final protein balls.

so my advice was totally ignored, and nobody even had a spare 30 minutes to learn.

the exact reason i don't post. keep talking about nothing, and keep being small and skinny fat. you deserve it.

supplements my ass.

big mic with 20+ yrs training

roflmfao i wouldn't let you make a childs meal let alone an elite athletes.

i listen to everyone, thats how i learn.

can't say the same for many here...