• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ProRaw IRONEDGE Rep Challenge

Here are some rule updates so that you guys know what to expect.

Squats - The lifter will get a squat command from me, the judge, at the completion of each rep, just like in Strongman competition. This is done to eliminate pumping non lockout reps

Bench press - Same rule as squat, at the lockout, I will yell press for the lifter to start another rep

Deadlift - I will tell the lifter when to lower the bar, as long as I'm satisfied its a completed rep. Once the bar returns to the ground, the lifter must pause (no bouncing) then begin another rep

Clean & PP/J - No bouncing off the ground, I will signal the lifter to lower the bar when its locked out

Ukrainian deadlifts - Every rep must touch the ground, reps that arent locked out or not touched on the ground will simply not be counted, as in previous comps, but the lifter can continue without commands from the judge.

A 10 point bonus to any lifter able to complete a rep in every challenge

Deadlifts can be hitched

Squats must break parallel

Bench press is touch and go, bum stays on bench

Markos, on deadlifts, lets say you have done 10 reps in a minute and the 10th rep nearly kills you... can you stand up and take a 30sec rest before trying for one more or do the hands have to stay on the bar?

No, you can walk away, same as the C&J, use your full 2 minutes on this one. Same applies on UDL's

Only squats and bench cant be racked, but you can hold the weight in the locked out position as long as you like.

Its going to be interesting to see who competes in this Challenge and who doesnt.

I watched a National Level PL training the other night, it does my head in how they train. I imagine a lifter who trains like he does would have ZERO chance of placing in the Top 6 of this event.

He trains to be good at PL I suppose. This shit is different, you actually have to be strong.

Pretty sure we wont be seeing Gregg Gordon, Gawain Johnstone and most of the other boys from Bodyworld in this one. They dont train for comps like this in all fairness to them.

u know this debate is a hard one... U cant knock the top pwerlifters they are strong no matter what the debate but I mean there not STRONGMEN ... Markos could probably give 30+ examples of guys who can deadlift 200+ yet cant pick up his 100kg atlas stone... plenty of guys can bench big numbers yet cant put 100kg over head...

Most powerlifters are just that powerlifters very few have all round stength but they also dont care about that either all they care about is how they can squat, bench and dead more

I don't consider myself as strong. I am efficient at the squat, bench and deadlift nothing more nothing less...there are many guys at my gym who I would consider stronger than me but dont squat, bench or dead as much x BW as I do, but they don't train those lifts as much as I do so it is expected...I also would consider many of the PTC clients as being stronger than I but again I would most likely out squat, bench and dead them (based on x BW) because I am more efficient at those lifts than them because that's all I train...Nina could OH press more than me and the twins could probably bicep curl more than me..

^ you got a decent physique to back up your power lifts though.

loved that steroid comment we got while walking through frankston

Been pretty much covered . . . But a powerlifter only trains to improve the Big 3
Normally that would coincide with increases strength but other things come into play like technique (well, that's the only other one I can think of)
Take a javelin thrower as an example. He throws 50m, someone instructs him on a technical fault and he then throws 70m 15minutes after the 50m throw. Has he got stronger? Or has he just gotten more proficient at throwing a javelin?
Maybe not the most relevant example but you get my point. Same as when a guy lifts iron for the first time and sees huge in-gym gains. He doesn't necessarily get stronger, just better at the exercises he's performing

Anyway, to sum up. Powerlifters are strong at the powerlifts :p

I just covered it in my newsletter, except it took 4 pages, not 4 lines. I wasnt discussing technique, I was discussing training.

Bruce Wilhelm said it best

Strong is Strong is Strong.

loved that steroid comment we got while walking through frankston

what was the steroid comment?

I love getting accused of being on steroids :D its annoying that they totally discredit the effort you put in, but seeing as most people completely underestimate the effort I put in anyway, its a nice consolation prize

what was the steroid comment?

I love getting accused of being on steroids :D its annoying that they totally discredit the effort you put in, but seeing as most people completely underestimate the effort I put in anyway, its a nice consolation prize
Lol! The last time i went to the doctor he ask me if i was on steroids,

I think you guys need to see Nathan n person to understand

He is absolutely massive

Funny how squatting 300kg does that

Markos, I havnt received a newsletter in ... well I cant even remember. Am I still on the mailing list?