• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ProRaw IRONEDGE Rep Challenge

We linked the PTC vids through our website, we'll be doing the same with ProRaw.

PTC site has had 35,000 unique visits, our vids have had 65,000 hits

Banners will be on our ProRaw site once Ghosty has finished

I think Youtube will result in FAR more hits, with Ironedge banners visible in every vid.

If it was strictly on our website only it would result in less visibility

Here are some rule updates so that you guys know what to expect.

Squats - The lifter will get a squat command from me, the judge, at the completion of each rep, just like in Strongman competition. This is done to eliminate pumping non lockout reps

Bench press - Same rule as squat, at the lockout, I will yell press for the lifter to start another rep

Deadlift - I will tell the lifter when to lower the bar, as long as I'm satisfied its a completed rep. Once the bar returns to the ground, the lifter must pause (no bouncing) then begin another rep

Clean & PP/J - No bouncing off the ground, I will signal the lifter to lower the bar when its locked out

Ukrainian deadlifts - Every rep must touch the ground, reps that arent locked out or not touched on the ground will simply not be counted, as in previous comps, but the lifter can continue without commands from the judge.

A 10 point bonus to any lifter able to complete a rep in every challenge

Deadlifts can be hitched

Squats must break parallel

Bench press is touch and go, bum stays on bench

Yo M... whats the dress attire ? are we goign to have to wear soft suits or can we get our wife beaters and stubbies on ?

The problem I have is with the squats. Any doubt on depth and I dont count it. Harder to judge depth in shorts.

What do you guys reckon?

Personally I think soft suits. Every sport has a uniform, if you go down the line of stubbies and a wife beater that will only tarnish the reputation of ProRaw. Pro. for PROFESSIONAL right, then you need to portray a professional image.

Anyone else have an opinion on attire?

Tom Birmingham is joining ProRaw. He will be at the rep challenge. He has competed at Strongman and powerlifting.

His best powerlifts raw are 220/145/240 at under 70kg

He has spoken to Michael on the phone before, he too is from Queensland

I'm with Nick and Michael on the soft suits. It's the uniform of the sport, makes it looks more professional and it will help judging.

black shorts and comp shirt would be enough for the rep callenge I is thinking...save the spandex for the 3 lift events....the rep challenge isn't going to be scrutinized by the global keyboard warriors as much as the three lift events are...

I'm with Nick and Michael on the soft suits. It's the uniform of the sport, makes it looks more professional and it will help judging.

This is not a PL comp though Kelly. We can start our own tradition

Gives the sponsors more exposure as well.

The tops would be provided by IRONEDGE for every lifter, I'll work on shorts if thats the way we go.

Never seen a soft suit in Strongman by the way.

I still prefer kilt and topless

black shorts and comp shirt would be enough for the rep callenge I is thinking...save the spandex for the 3 lift events....the rep challenge isn't going to be scrutinized by the global keyboard warriors as much as the three lift events are...

I'm with jonnie on this one... though kilts are awesome for the record.