• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ProRaw IRONEDGE Rep Challenge

With each lifter lifting for 10 minutes at the Rep Challenge, numbers are unfortunately going to have to be limited for this one.

Even if I only accept 50 lifters, that means the comp runs for at least 8 hours.

I know not all lifters are going to use up there 10 minutes, but I'm allowing for set up time.

I may even keep the numbers down to 30-40 lifters.

I have the list in the first post of paid up entrants.

Here it is again

Paid up entrants.

1. Max Markopoulos - Vic
2. Nina Markopoulos - Vic
3. Chris Lazarevic - NSW

To keep things consistent in ProRaw, I have decided to allow lifters to wear knee wraps OR knee sleeves in the Rep Challenge.

I have altered the original post

Some of my clients have started training for this event.

I'd like to know some of the best efforts for those that plan on competing

Some of my clients have started training for this event.

I'd like to know some of the best efforts for those that plan on competing

Deadlifted 220kg for 3x8 and benched 130kg for 8,8,7 last week @ 96.5kg and will be 100kg for the comp. Haven't done anything near the weight's I'll be using for squat and C&P lately so no idea on those.

Paid up entrants
1. Max Markopoulos - Vic
2. Nina Markopoulos - Vic
3. Chris Lazarevic - NSW
4. Sussy Kollen - Vic

I'd probably get 1 or 2 right now for the power lifts, 0 overhead and you'd make a better guess at the kb than I would Markos.

I reckon most will get a minimum of 20 with the 80kg KB. Thats the low end.

Guys like Nick may well exceed 50

I'm aiming to be around 110kg again by this comp so if I compete I'll need to be doing

Squats 185kg
Bench 130kg
C&J 130kg
Deadlift 240kg
KB 80kg

If I compete it wont matter what I get on the other lifts, hell I'll probably just token them. The KB will be the decider.

Chris will be hard to beat in this comp.

interesting .. if us little guys can bust out 20 odd reps on the squat, bench, dead it might give enough daylight to hold the big fellas out in the KB. This one will deffinitly be added to my calendar. Ill start doing a bit more cardio.

2 minute rounds though. Thats a lot of UDL's.

Either way this will be a good comp that wont be decided until the kettlebell hits the deck!

I cant see anybody winning that doesnt C&P bodyweight + 20kg.

Its an awful lot of reps to make up on the UDL's

It would take a super strong guy to give up 11 reps and win

But if he was super strong he would be able to C&P bw + 20kg

Hey Markos.
Quick Q re this comp. We have a 2 minute time limit per lift right? So does that mean you go to failure or do as many as you can in 2mins?
Could i say come out, do a C&P, then wait 90sec's and do another one with 20secs to go on the clock?

And how likley is it that you'll do PR2 over easter as well? If that happens I'll be there for sure. 2 days of lifting comps = :)

The smart guys will definitely have a break between attempts on the C&P. You have 2 minutes, use it.

At the moment I'm not sure about Easter. The $4000 I have from Iron Edge is all tied up in the Rep Challenge as prizemoney.

With our YouTube channel going nuts, I'm going to be far more aggressive with chasing sponsorship dollars.

Ironedge are over the moon with over 3,600 views in just over 48 hours, the first vid went on early Monday morning.

The more you guys watch, the easier it is for me to sell.

Easter this year provides an opportunity we wont see again for a LONG time.

Anyone taking the Wed/Thu/Fri off after Easter/Anzac day on Mon/Tue can get 10 days off for just 3 annual leave days, starting from the Thursday.

The Frankston Dolphins have a bye that weekend, so the whole deal is perfect IF I can get dollars.

Markos, youtube is great for hosting videos, but if you want the views to lead to your sponsors website, have you thought about having them all on a ProRaw website, where the sponsors get banner ads etc. It would make it much more compelling for sponsors to hand over the cash if they can see the direct traffic coming from your site to theirs.