• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ProRaw IRONEDGE Rep Challenge

Just stumbled across this thread now..
WHOA! I'm impressed, and excited haha.
Have been planning a trip home to NZ over easter but I think Melbourne could be on the cards instead.

the C&P is def the key... and like most people i'm a fair way off (i'd have to do 110kg).. I only done my first 100kg clean last night, and to push that over my head....!!
Is it a strict standing press, or can you squat down and use leg drive to push it up? (sorry i've got no OL experience, and still get confused with all the terms - jerk, snatch etc)

This makes me even more dissapointed I can't make it.

If you're doing the Strongman at the same venue as ProRaw I understand the restriction, but I don't think you can have a Strongman event without some form of carry, i.e - Farmers, Tombstone, Sandbags etc. That's just me though.

Good luck to all competing. Someone stop Michael, that tuna loving bastard before he does a clean sweep :p

Alex, clean it, then you can press it, push press it or jerk it, just get it overhead.

Mitch, ProRaw marches to its own drum, hence the weight classes and rising bar at ProRawOne.

You have to get all other forms of competition out of your head.

These lifts can be practiced and contested at every gym in Australia, or even Internationally.

Lifts can be compared by those that cant make it.

My keg press, car push, weight toss etc cant, thats why I've gone with this set up.

Nut up or Shut up.

Just assuming you'd be limited by space, thus lack of a carry event. If you're not doing in the same area it's a viable. I'm not thinking of any other form of competition, only Strongman. If people have dumbells upto at least 60kg they can pick them up and walk with them, that's enough of a guage for people who can't attend.

I do see now it's a "rep challenge" so that's just fine. But in the same way a single lift comp 'aint Powerlifting. A challenge without a carry 'aint Strongman.

I have more space than any gym in Australia lol

I have a football field, that happens to be situated in a massive park.

The barbell will rule at ProRaw.

Having run many comps, some events take far too long and are boring.

I will look at a "traditional" (whatever the fuck that means) Strongman event later on, but for now

STRONG IS STRONG

Mitch, I just got off the phone with Bruce Wilhelm, he told me to tell you to get fucked (his words)

He won the first ever WSM comp, no Farmers Walk lol

He actually won the first 2. No Farmers walk in either comp

Hang on, Don Reinhoudtjust called, same message, you guessed it, none in the 3rd either

I cant be fucked looking any further, none in the 4th year either that Kaz won.

I'm sure there will be one somewhere, but your comment is idiotic from a smart guy.

If there is a movement that you cant do, just say so (C&P) but dont say stupid novice stuff, your above that.

Nick has stated that he will buy Farmers Walk handles. I had Farmers Walk in every Strongman Challenge ever held at PTC. Its a great event, but not essential.

Its funny how lifters who are strong at a particular lift react to competition

Markos how about comps in the future with the same weight classes as pro raw?

Powerlifting, Strongman, Rep Challenges and whatever else you come up with all run with a uniform weight class system under the ProRaw banner.

If you did what Nick suggested you could potentially have an overall winner at the end of the year or season.this could increase competition as some people will be stronger at different events, all pushing for the highest points for the year. While also encouraging competitors to be consistant

Haha, outstanding.

I said a "carry event" Markos, I used the Farmers as the easiest replicated event that "it can be compared by those who can't make it". Find me a WSM where there was no form of event where weight was carried and I'll happily eat my own words.

C&P I'd be balls to wall getting 1, I admit that happily. I find logs easier to clean & press, it's not really close to an Olympic movement, it's all ugly strength which is what I'm about.

It would be a fun event to compete in either way.

Thats a good idea Nick.

As more join up and compete that will be possible. Not sure its a good idea yet.

Plus less people will get money and overall first will be less cash.

Everyone under the one class increases the first, second etc prize money

Rick has a log and other Strongman equipment, but its very hard to have Farmers Walk in a rep challenge, I guess I could count their steps lol

To run a proper Strongman event, 10 events, I would need 2-3 days, depending on the numbers and type of events.

The majority of people who joined ProRaw are powerlifters, so the traditional PL will always come first.

If I get enough interested in pure Strongman, like Mitch, I will look at a traditional event.

Until then, the barbell rules

Haha, outstanding.

I said a "carry event" Markos, I used the Farmers as the easiest replicated event that "it can be compared by those who can't make it". Find me a WSM where there was no form of event where weight was carried and I'll happily eat my own words.

C&P I'd be balls to wall getting 1, I admit that happily. I find logs easier to clean & press, it's not really close to an Olympic movement, it's all ugly strength which is what I'm about.

It would be a fun event to compete in either way.

First four had a wheelbarrow PUSH, NOTHING carried. It may have been more events. Grip strength is boring to watch, even though I am a lover of it.

I have a carry.

Carry a BB from the floor all the way overhead lol

Farmers walks is easy, distance for time. Just adjust the weight for each weight class.

I like the idea. No freakin way could i C&P 140ish. I won't be competing in this one. Are the plans for another ProRaw PL meet during the year?

Really nick how many reps is that

Sherri strong is strong

Next PL meet is in september

My iPhone just typed Sherri instead lol

I like it lol

Last edited:
Really nick how many reps is that

Sherri strong is strong

Next PL meet is in september

My iPhone just typed Sherri instead lol

I like it lol

I don't. I should be good to compete in september. See how i pull up after nats in august.

Would this be in the gym or in the function room? Just wondering how many spectators can get in - I won't be strong enough to compete but it would be great to watch.