• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pre Workout supplement without the crash?

Hi Adam,

The fact not even the rep of the product can tell you how much caffeine in it is a bit of a worry. 100mg sounds about right, however this is a very mild dose by supp standards, many are in the 250mg + range of caffeine per serve.

As I mentioned, Caffeine is much much cheaper than DMAA, so the likiehood is that caffein levels will be bumped up and DMAA down.

The differences between the Bulk Nutrients and Bioflex pre workout products are a few. I did a large analysis between the two and jack3d on another board, I will re post it here.

ok i did the following Bulk Nutrients pre workout drink today.

300 ml lemon Gatorade with
teaspoon of
beta alanine 5g
arginine 5g
creatine 5g
hmb 5g
glutamine 5g
large spoon of bcaa 10g

Now the drink tasted fine, not the same as plain but as good as any pre workout i have had before and better than a lot. Mixed completely.

The important thing for me today was this, no caffeine, and no crash, apart from the pre workout tingles and pump, i want to stay in a positive state.

I did a centurion workout today, 100 rep sets on chest and triceps about 1/3rd weight as normal but got through 550 reps for chest and 250 for triceps, only moderate weight.

The pump was tremendous, very vascular at end of workout, did my workload and only time prevented me from doing more, usually i do 3-4 sets with a rep cadence of 12-6 and go to almost failure, i get the same pump and visuality from this as today but generally fade towards end of workout and crash, my last 2 pre workouts were a tub of Jack3d and 6 samples of 1 MR. I crashed heavily on the 1 MR last month, the Jack3d crash is not as bad, out of the commercially available pre workout products i consider Jack3d to be right up there. I haver done probably 30 different ones. Doing the bulk way is better, one , i know wants going in, 2 i am putting it in, i control the dose and there are no fillers. Haven't worked out cost per serve yet, latter in the week i will.

Hope this helps anybody who wants to do there own from bulk suppliers but i would have to admit i am very impressed with the Bulk Nutrients powders.

AZZA

ok i did the following Bulk Nutrients pre workout drink today.

300 ml lemon Gatorade with
teaspoon of
beta alanine 5g
arginine 5g
creatine 5g
hmb 5g
glutamine 5g
large spoon of bcaa 10g

Now the drink tasted fine, not the same as plain but as good as any pre workout i have had before and better than a lot. Mixed completely.

The important thing for me today was this, no caffeine, and no crash, apart from the pre workout tingles and pump, i want to stay in a positive state.

I did a centurion workout today, 100 rep sets on chest and triceps about 1/3rd weight as normal but got through 550 reps for chest and 250 for triceps, only moderate weight.

The pump was tremendous, very vascular at end of workout, did my workload and only time prevented me from doing more, usually i do 3-4 sets with a rep cadence of 12-6 and go to almost failure, i get the same pump and visuality from this as today but generally fade towards end of workout and crash, my last 2 pre workouts were a tub of Jack3d and 6 samples of 1 MR. I crashed heavily on the 1 MR last month, the Jack3d crash is not as bad, out of the commercially available pre workout products i consider Jack3d to be right up there. I haver done probably 30 different ones. Doing the bulk way is better, one , i know wants going in, 2 i am putting it in, i control the dose and there are no fillers. Haven't worked out cost per serve yet, latter in the week i will.

Hope this helps anybody who wants to do there own from bulk suppliers but i would have to admit i am very impressed with the Bulk Nutrients powders.

AZZA

good review thank you.

keep the hell away from mesomorph then haha

go something with a zero caffeine content or if it affects you that much take it at like 4 or 5 so by the tiem you have finished gym its worn off :p

keep the hell away from mesomorph then haha

go something with a zero caffeine content or if it affects you that much take it at like 4 or 5 so by the tiem you have finished gym its worn off :p

I have heard good things about this, never had it though, the best i had in my opinion was Isatori Morph GX3 tabs, 3 stage tablets, 6 of these and OMG. Cant buy them anymore, out of currently available i am preffering mixing my own, like a mad scientist…….until something better comes along i will stick with Bulk Nutrients, Ben has given me enough for 3 months supply. Cant be happier.

Its sold by BN but the packet states L-Arginine, doesn't mention AAKG, must be Arginine ester then, 100 grams yields 100 grams of Arginine. All i know is it works.

I'd make my own

I've found making my own works for me. For example you can try different ingredients and doses to find what works best to have a great work out but will not give you a "crash" or keep you up too long.

I've been trying different amounts and mix variations for a while now. I'm still perfecting things but the following works well for me:
Beta-Alanine: 3000mg
Arginine: 2500mg
1,3 Dimethylamylamine: 20mg
Caffeine: 170mg
Taurine: 500mg
Creatine: 3000mg
Vitamin C: 250mg
Glucose: 20 grams

I started out testing the variations about 6-9 months ago. I was 72.5kg (6’1”) and I’m now about 78kg. I’m pretty happy with that, even if some amount is water retention.

I wrote a fair bit about each ingredient, like the pros and cons etc which you can read more here:
musclebuildingaustralia.blogspot.com

Oh and I like the following comment from Shrek/Mike Mentzer:
Originally Posted by Mike Mentzer
"Train intensely, train briefly, and train infrequently - it's valid and will work for everyone."

Couple more points

Couple more things:

Like staunch308 said, "I put a bit of dextrose in with my water to sip on during the workout" I also do the same and find it really helps. (Although I buy glucose now).

Secondally although I've educated myself as much as possible in a short time, most of the other guys have a fair bit more experience than me.

I just find the latest mix I've been doing not only helps give a great work out but has in turn really accelerated the muscle gain.

anyone tried the geranium powder from bulk nutrients? if anyone has, how did u measure out a serving as the dose is 100mg?

Scales

I take 1,3 Di which is commonly referred to as geranamine.

As for measuring 100mg I purchased scales off of ebay for pretty cheap. (Make sure you get the ones with at least a couple of decimal places).