• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pre Workout supplement without the crash?

The stims work but if your taking them at 7 you might find it a bit hard to sleep, me personally when I was using Jack3d I never had the crash people talk about, I would usually have a good workout and come home really motivated for anything and my mood was elevated right untill I went to sleep - I would workout around 5 - 6 ish aswell and sleepwise I could still get to sleep 95% of the time.

Personally I don't use stims at all anymore, I've still got a tubfull of BNs Pre-Workout with caffeine and 1,3 dimeth in it can't remember the last time I used it but it works well whenever I need it. For pre workout I just add in a bit of sugar with my oats and a piece of fruit works well for me, but like I said earlier if I need it il have the stims. I put a bit of dextrose in with my water to sip on during the workout.

Liam, with bulk powders relatively cheap, make your own.

Di Meth does not make me crash, it just wears off gradually.

I bought some capsules and only use them when really required.

Last edited:
when im exhausted, milk won't work for me no worries

Do you think your the only one who works out when your exhausted??

If you want stimulants for your workout by there nature you have to come down at some stage afterwards

lololol i bought jack3d, got it for good price, was eventually going to try it.

it will last, i will only have 1 scoop because when i drink 1 can of coke i get pretty hyped up.

Meh heres hoping, i don't believe the "better pumps" bs at all.

The AAKG in it will give you the pumps, but I don't know how much you'll get seeing as one scoops only 4-5 grams and has about 5 things in it.

Yeah 1,3 dimeth wears off slowly for me and makes me feel motivated, see how you go

When I was using pre-workout supps for a boost, a combo I liked was:
Alcar/Chocamine/L-Tyrosine/ALA.
It is milder than the "kick" from other stims but still effective with a bit of a bump, and little to no negative sides.

Believe it, the pumps are immense, since I have dropped taking PWO I have noticed I'm less pumped while training.

I don't really do high rep training so i doubt id get a pump, although it would be nice lol, pumps everywhere or just bicep btw?

I tried Jack3d today. I have never tried a pre workout sup before - for 2 main reasons 1) i have never believed in them and 2) i cant have excess caffine or i get heart spasms.

So after doing a few weeks of research and speaking to as many people about it as possible, i decided to try jack3d. I chose Jacked because it apparently had the least amount of caffine in it, and i wanted to try a pre workout sup which contained 1-3 dimeth. Todays workout was back and biceps - started off with deads and found myself being able to rush through them a little quicker than usual (maybe it was in my head) but when doing bicep work although i do minimal bicep isolation - i found that after every set i completed instead of having the burn in the muscle for the next minute or even minutes, i stopped for a few seconds and the burn was gone.

Now im sure that part is not in my head. I did get a few heart pulps through the workout, generally when i just finished a set i had to almost hyper ventilate to geet my heart rate to slow back down. Which for means i will stick to the 1 scoop.

I am doing up my own combo's for pre workout, i have Bulk Nutrients Beta Alanine, Arginine, BCAA's, HMB, Creatine, glutamine, going to mix these up into gatorade,

AZZA

I am doing up my own combo's for pre workout, i have Bulk Nutrients Beta Alanine, Arginine, BCAA's, HMB, Creatine, glutamine, going to mix these up into gatorade,

AZZA

let me know how this goes. How much will it cost you (per serving)?

AZZA
Azza, have you thought about adding Glycol Monostearate to the mix.

Azza, have you thought about adding Glycol Monostearate to the mix.

No, don't have any, i figured if i add all i have to the pre, eg glutamine, bcaa;s then going catabolic state is lessened and recovery should be better, on the other hand i am hearing different things about the origins of different amino's etc, i am cautious to chinese amino's, a guy pointed out to me the other day that a lot of brands are using the correct ingredients like creapure for instance, its is the gold standard...

I tried Jack3d today. I have never tried a pre workout sup before - for 2 main reasons 1) i have never believed in them and 2) i cant have excess caffine or i get heart spasms.

So after doing a few weeks of research and speaking to as many people about it as possible, i decided to try jack3d. I chose Jacked because it apparently had the least amount of caffine in it, and i wanted to try a pre workout sup which contained 1-3 dimeth. Todays workout was back and biceps - started off with deads and found myself being able to rush through them a little quicker than usual (maybe it was in my head) but when doing bicep work although i do minimal bicep isolation - i found that after every set i completed instead of having the burn in the muscle for the next minute or even minutes, i stopped for a few seconds and the burn was gone.
Now im sure that part is not in my head. I did get a few heart pulps through the workout, generally when i just finished a set i had to almost hyper ventilate to geet my heart rate to slow back down. Which for means i will stick to the 1 scoop.

Adam, if you aim is to have a product with as little caffeine as possible, I would advise you keep looking around.
The problem with products such as Jack3d is that they contain "proprietory blends" so you have no idea how much caffeine is in there. The company for whetever reason make the decision not to tell you how much caffeine or DMAA is in each dose.

Now, from someone who purchases raw ingredients in bulk for manufacture, I pay 50 times more for DMAA than we do Caffeine (DMAA is the moxt expensive ingredient we have). Given this, it makes sense that manufactuers who use both will likely use much larger amounts of caffeine han DMAA - as the prime goal for most if to maximise profits.

Basically, if you want to be assured of how much caffein you are having, best take a supp without it (perhaps go for pure DMAA) or find one where the inclusion rates are disclosed.

Adam, if you aim is to have a product with as little caffeine as possible, I would advise you keep looking around.
The problem with products such as Jack3d is that they contain "proprietory blends" so you have no idea how much caffeine is in there. The company for whetever reason make the decision not to tell you how much caffeine or DMAA is in each dose.

Now, from someone who purchases raw ingredients in bulk for manufacture, I pay 50 times more for DMAA than we do Caffeine (DMAA is the moxt expensive ingredient we have). Given this, it makes sense that manufactuers who use both will likely use much larger amounts of caffeine han DMAA - as the prime goal for most if to maximise profits.

Basically, if you want to be assured of how much caffein you are having, best take a supp without it (perhaps go for pure DMAA) or find one where the inclusion rates are disclosed.

From the research i did, all the reps of the product couldnt tell me a exact amount of cafeen- they seem to estimate it at 100mg per serve which seems to be less than your average coffee? Where i think i could take about 150mg safely before i get heart pulps.

Me and my friend are about to go halfes in a order through bulk nutrients in the next day or so. We are tossing up between a kg of bulk nutrients pre workout powder NT and the bioflex version. What are the main differences in the products?
We will also be buying 1kg of creatine and 5kg whey.