• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pre-Workout , Energy

JUGGERNAUT

Hi all, this is my first time using this site and i couldnt find any posts on this topic specifically but im sorry if im reposting.

I have been training for 9 months total now,, whilst trying to maintain my bodyfat % for the first 7 months (i had only just lost 20kgs of fat, endomorph) as i was scared of putting fat back on i decided that i was not liking the results compared to my other mates who are ectomorphs, yet still had bigger gains with their caloric intake being huge. For the last 2 months i have been bulking fairly clean, trying to see some bigger gains and finally i have.

I now wish to try and cut, so i am going to minimise carbs after breakfast and eat at approx 9000kj/day but i have no energy to lift at the gym, so finally question is

WHAT IS A GOOD PRE WORKOUT SUPPLEMENT PURELY FOR ENERGY?

Sorry for the novel but felt i needed to explain situation.

Cheers

Purely for energy.
Caffein, but use it sparingly or you will build up a tolerance.

The bigger question is why are you lacking energy?
Also you do not need to minimize carbs on a cut. You need to minimise you overall daily caloric intake.

I beleive i am eating below maintanance? The RDI calculators online were all roughly around 12500kj and im going to stay eating 9000kj?

I am minimising carbs after lunch (i eat breakfast at 6.15am and start workout 6.45 - 7am) because i find the less carbs i eat the more cut i look the next day. I have read up on forums about restricting carb intake for a few months now and was under the impression it does help to cut? You would definately have more idea on the topic but.

If caffeine becomes tolerable quickly is there another supplement that will not ? i plan on taking Pre-Workout Mon,Tue,Wed and Fri

A pre workout is caffeine and usually these days 1,3 Di Meth

Check Bulk Nurients. You can buy these separately so you can use when you need energy.

As long as you remember these are stimulants.
Real energy comes from food.

Try this stuff, I use it on weights days (not every day) have put a few people onto it, even at work and they all love it. I had tried a few pre workouts before this is the best and best value for money in my personal opinion.

PRE WORKOUT POWDER NT - 250G

Try eating at maintenance, eat balanced, and burn an extra 500 calories a week with exercise, and you should slowly drop weight, but hopefully keep your energy up and not loose any muscle. I am no expert but been reading up a bit as I am in the same situation hoping to cut up and drop body fat in 2012.

Try this stuff, I use it on weights days (not every day) have put a few people onto it, even at work and they all love it. I had tried a few pre workouts before this is the best and best value for money in my personal opinion.

PRE WORKOUT POWDER NT - 250G

Try eating at maintenance, eat balanced, and burn an extra 500 calories a week with exercise, and you should slowly drop weight, but hopefully keep your energy up and not loose any muscle. I am no expert but been reading up a bit as I am in the same situation hoping to cut up and drop body fat in 2012.

Yep I agree here... This stuff is very good... BN Preworkout NT....

The key stimulant ingredients is caffiene and the DMAA or 1,3 Di Meth as Shrek mentioned...

DMAA is like rocket fuel... however it messes with your CNS alot...

Taking it 4 times a week might be a bit excessive.... I don't use it every day either...

Caffiene does and will leave you feeling sketchy in large doses...

Your body will adapt to all preworkouts... And require higher dosages the longer you use it....

After a month or two you will need to take a break from it... You will always be fighting to reduce your tolerance so you don't have to take more then the prescribed amount...

Meanwhile the other great addition to BN preworkout NT is the Beta Analnine... When you take it.... It you will feel a prickly feeling running around your skin.... Max Brenner ( the forum guru) indicates that there are real benefits derived from this supplement....

And then there is the addition of creatine which in itself is a very very good supplement...

Research these supplements in google

• Beta Analnine
  • Creatine
  • 1, 3-DIMETHYLAMYLAMINE
Leave it with you to decide what you gunna do....

Alright thanks,

The pro at the supplement shop told me he doesnt recommend any of the pure energy supplements because of the crash afterwards, so he gave me a few samples of No Shotgun. Apparently it has more BCAA's then other pre workouts and the crash is not as bad, with sustained release energy? I will give it a go and if its not good i will try out Pre-Workout Powder NT

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

He's a salesman and probably makes more commission or margin from NO Shotgun.

Stay away from dat dere supp shops ...

Alright thanks,

The pro at the supplement shop told me he doesnt recommend any of the pure energy supplements because of the crash afterwards, so he gave me a few samples of No Shotgun. Apparently it has more BCAA's then other pre workouts and the crash is not as bad, with sustained release energy? I will give it a go and if its not good i will try out Pre-Workout Powder NT

Forget that stuff mate and DO NOT get advice from the Sales person a Supplement Shop, they are worse than Car Sale Men, tell you what you want to hear and sell the most over priced crap.

You DO NOT need BCAA's in a pre workout, its pointless and does nothing to further your workout, BCAA's are a recovery supplement, and in most cases if you have enough protein during the day is not needed, but if you want BCAA's Bulk Nutrients sell it by the kilo, I use 15 gram during my workout mixed into my water bottle, not sure it does anything or is even needed to be honest, but cheap enough and makes me feel good!!

The reason he does not recommend the pure energy supplements is because you will never walk into his shop again once you have had them:rolleyes: They are a fraction of the price of the stuff filled with sugar and other undeclared ingredients, most of the stuff does not even tell you what is in it and how much of an active ingredient is in there. They just need to add a minuscule amount of an expensive ingredient to the supplement to be able to put on the label that it's in there, but usually not enough in there to do anything, the rest is fluffed up with fillers so they can maximise profits and drain you of your hard earned $$$.

Trust me been there done that, I was doubtful at first as well, that's why I am so passionate about it now, I too was raped by the supplement shop guy in the past:cool:

Last edited:
Alright thanks,

Juggers....

Great advice has already been posted from those who have already travelled this road....

Anyway.... I checked out No Shotgun.... And its the usual crap....

The key ingredients are

Creatine
Caffeine
Beta Analnine

Does not have the BIG GUN....... DMAA!!!! (Will still be a good preworkout due to the high caffeine content)

The rest of the ingredients are time wasters IMO.....

Also has 20grams of protein which is a real stupid waste for a preworkout... Your body will more then likely smash up the protein and use it as carbs cause your training your arse off while its digesting...

IMO this supplement will work... However your wasting your money....

You can buy these active ingredients for much cheaper!!!

Without the marketing hype...

It appears this stuff will increase my bench by 1067%

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68yOmJ5M0f4&feature=player_embedded]NO-SHOTGUN increase your bench press up to 1067% - YouTube[/ame]

So I should be benching 1300kg shortly:eek:

Seriously who buys this crap:confused::confused:

Mostly the same shit these days, 1MR/Jack3d/HEMORAGE/. I've got some jack3d, only cause it was $33. Peps me up a little. Irrespective of what anyone would tell you, caffeine et. al. do allow you to push harder (physiologically and psychologically i'm certain). If you can avoid it, then do so - you'll be better off!

I am using two different ones cycling both

I use Mesomorph and Jack3d, I prefer mesomorph over jack3d as you don't crash as hard and the arginine isn't as potent, plus the supplement works with you as you train without you even knowing ;)

Hi all, this is my first time using this site and i couldnt find any posts on this topic specifically but im sorry if im reposting.

I have been training for 9 months total now,, whilst trying to maintain my bodyfat % for the first 7 months (i had only just lost 20kgs of fat, endomorph) as i was scared of putting fat back on i decided that i was not liking the results compared to my other mates who are ectomorphs, yet still had bigger gains with their caloric intake being huge. For the last 2 months i have been bulking fairly clean, trying to see some bigger gains and finally i have.

I now wish to try and cut, so i am going to minimise carbs after breakfast and eat at approx 9000kj/day but i have no energy to lift at the gym, so finally question is

WHAT IS A GOOD PRE WORKOUT SUPPLEMENT PURELY FOR ENERGY?

Sorry for the novel but felt i needed to explain situation.

Cheers

Your issue isn't that you need a preworkout but that you have limited carbs too much and may not be eating enough. Get some carbs into you they do not make you fat if you have controlled your other macros and total calories.

I use NoXplode and it gives me a bit of a boost in energy and also in focus and concentration. But I am cycling off that for a week or two as I think my tolerance has increased and it's not having the same effect on me as when I first started.

Restricting carbs makes me sluggish as hell
Getting in an adequate amount of fats is important too for hormone production which can definitely affect energy
After my own experience my personal opinion is no explode jack3ed etc are very expensive and a waste of money For what u get
Caffeine does the job