• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powercleans video -3 speeds

PTC

YouTube - powercleans

I've been asked to put a video up showing some demonstration of the powerclean. I already had filmed this video on Wednesday night to check the lifters form.

None of the lifts are maximum effort or too light. We used 90kg for all 3 lifters. To give you an idea of the effort

Chris is the first guy, 102kg, powerclean PB of 106kg
Alen is the second guy, 89kg, powerclean PB of 107.5kg
Max is the third guy, 68kg, powerclean PB of 110kg

Obviously checking out elite lifters on YouTube will give you better examples, but hopefully this should help some of you.

None of the 3 lifters have to extend too much to make these lifts, so keep that in mind.

Thanks for that Markos.

How long does it usually take you to teach someone good technique on the PC and a Bodyweight lift?

I now pass all the guys that want specialized powerclean improvement on to Max, I suppose around 12 lifters have had powerclean specific sessions with him. Fat Dave has been using Max for 3 months. He is up to 90kg now. To give you an idea, he has fallen over while cleaning a dozen times in the gym, very hard to teach, but he's getting there.

Some get in 5 minutes, others take weeks.

Generally those that have jogged, have been swimming, cycling, spinning, bouncing take a lot longer than those who have done explosive sports.

I was reading an article by the US weightlifting coach, he said gymnasts took 15 minutes to learn, swimmers took weeks.

Skating is a dynamic sport, you should be able to pick it up quickly

I should mention that Chris gets coaching from Robert Kabbas at Phoenix Gym, represented Australia

Thanks Marcos, something new to try.

I might do a few weeks incorporating upright rows and then give them a worle.

Last edited:
Something I`ve always been curious about - how much power comes from thrusting the hips and do a lot cheat by overusing the hips?Those boys don`t seem to be doing it much.

You cant cheat on a clean. These lifts are very easy for the boys as I stated.

I know for a fact that Max can clean 100kg cold, zero warm up, so a 90kg clean is like most do an empty bar.

The video is just do display the form, concentrate on the arms, Max NEVER uses his arms to pull the bar, they only bend when he starts pulling himself under the bar.

Anybody should feel free to post up a video of their form so Fadi can check it out, make sure you slow it down though.