• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Power Unlimited (powerlifting documentary) (the Pumping Iron docoof powerlifting)

Wouldnt kirk just pick them up and throw them lol? I did jujitsu for 10 years and i dont think anything would stop a 300lb guy from just bearhugging me and throwing me somewhere lol

Mma fags are so dumb when they say strength isnt important

Wouldnt kirk just pick them up and throw them lol? I did jujitsu for 10 years and i dont think anything would stop a 300lb guy from just bearhugging me and throwing me somewhere lol

Mma fags are so dumb when they say strength isnt important
I can tell you now Oni, takedown defence is one of the strong points of MMA fighters, especially Chuck Liddell.

In theory yes, but not for a good MMA fighter.

Secondly Poni, alot of MMA champs with Degrees, Masters, Doctorals etc.

holy shit, didn't see that tangent coming in this thread :p

$5 on Oni by triangle choke after being taken down by Captain Kirk who has no ground game haha.

holy shit, didn't see that tangent coming in this thread :p

$5 on Oni by triangle choke after being taken down by Captain Kirk who has no ground game haha.
I skimmed that part about Oni's BJJ Black Belt ...... holy jeebuz!!!

Last edited:
From my experience with a set of gloves on, me and my skinny mate who had a bit of boxing practice. I didn't even know what, when, and how my face was smashed up.

I had Zero hand to eye coordination to see anything coming and blocking it was out of the question.

If anyone knew anything about fighting they'd realise Kirk at his strongest would get pwned by a 70kg guy who knew what he was doing
Points in case - Pudz doing MMA and sucking, UFC 1, the 210(?)kg Judoka at the recent Olympics who pretty much sucked

There will be a point where strength will overcome technique eg I could hold my own against a 40kg female purple belt, but Basically then you're banking on your opponent being unable to move your body weight

Graham, I'm curious as to why you think losing 2-1 to Tim Sylvia is "sucking at MMA"

Graham, I'm curious as to why you think losing 2-1 to Tim Sylvia is "sucking at MMA"
because Tim Sylvia has been washed up for a long time. Plus, Sylvia was taylor made for Pudz - easy to takedown due to his leverage disadvantages.

And you both think being able to compete at that level "sucking"?
I guess Konstantinovs is shit at benching as well, 250kg as a 140er? Pathetic!

And you both think being able to compete at that level "sucking"?
I guess Konstantinovs is shit at benching as well, 250kg as a 140er? Pathetic!
Oni, if being a strong as Kirk is was so terrific for MMA why aren't top MMA fighters all powerlifter type people.

I will guarantee you, stick Kirk in a cage with Chuck Liddell (former UFC Lightheavyweight) and Chuck would destroy him.

Kirk could not stand and trade with Chuck Liddell (or any top MMA Heavyweight), Kirk would try to bullrush Liddell into the cage. Liddell would either see him coming a mile off and spin off at an angle then counter, dropping Kirk. He would either sprawl out, which Liddell was also famous for. If Kirk did manage to pin Liddell against the fence, I gaurantee you Liddell would work his way off the fence.

As for a LHW couldn't knock out Kirk, I pretty well suspect Liddell would hit alot harder than Kirk.

God forbid, Kirk get in their with a top Heavyweight MMA fighter. Big Nog or Frank Mir would rip his knee or elbow and Kirk would never be a top powerlifter again.

Powerlifters are good Powerlifters. Fighters are good fighters.

I'm going to cause some controversy here and say that Fred Hatfield was the best squatter the world has ever seen and not Kirk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDOpEtk60C0

Well he did in some part help come up with the concept of a monolift lol
Though in that vid its filmed from the front so his squat must have been high

Ps does anyone know if the Jimmy Pacifico that trains at Westside Barbell is a relation of Larry?

Learned today that Tony Bologne and Chuck V are cousins. Thought that was pretty cool

Last edited:
The original argument was that Kirk would easily kick my ass
Am I Chuck Liddell? No I'm fucking not

All the top MMA fighters are still fucking strong anyway. Even Fedor who weak people hold up as the holy grail of "technique over strength" benched 170kg in his teens and does weighted dips and chin-ups for high reps with the difference between him and his opponent hanging around his waist. I can't think of a single example of an MMA fighter where the guy doesn't have decent lifts for their size. Why do MMA fighters keep getting busted for roids? Protip, it's not to make their technique better

The original argument was that Kirk would easily kick my ass
Am I Chuck Liddell? No I'm fucking not

All the top MMA fighters are still fucking strong anyway. Even Fedor who weak people hold up as the holy grail of "technique over strength" benched 170kg in his teens and does weighted dips and chin-ups for high reps with the difference between him and his opponent hanging around his waist. I can't think of a single example of an MMA fighter where the guy doesn't have decent lifts for their size. Why do MMA fighters keep getting busted for roids? Protip, it's not to make their technique better
yes Oni, but Fedor was a highly TRAINED fighter not a lifter. Fedor stopped lifting weights sometime into his fighting career even as a Heavyweight fighting guys outweighting him by up to 100 lbs. Alot of fighters drop the weights.

Look at Bob Sapp, hugely strong guy getting owned by Cro Cop, Big Nog, Peter Aerts, Ray Sefo etc etc whom he out weighed and outmuscled by 100 lbs or more. Yet Bob Sapp was a highly trained fighter.

The original argument that a raw untrained strong guy could shit on a trained fighter is a false one. Weights are a supplement to MMA training, not the MMA training. If you have a choice of either technique (MMA training) or strength training for a MMA fight, technique wins hands downs. As does speed, as the saying goes speed kills.

Oni, you are the man. You underestimate yourself. You are the Royce Gracie of Ausbb. One bad motor scooter!