• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Power Unlimited (powerlifting documentary) (the Pumping Iron docoof powerlifting)

walt

DuffProteinMan
[YOUTUBE]SnkyhKRiKmU[/YOUTUBE]

A documentary about the origins and history of Powerlifting, includes Larry Pacifico, Ed Coan, Kirk Karwoski, Scott Cartwright, Scott Mendelsohn , Dave Waddington and Garry Frank.

Thanks Player, Dark Knight of AusBB

Kirk reminds me of you 0ni. An alpha male.
[YOUTUBE]E58g-3K_wtY[/YOUTUBE]

"I'd walk back to the squat racks. Throw my Gym bag to the floor. Its 5:30 on Monday. If somebody was stupid enough to be on the racks. They would get a "5 minutes" is all i would say. And If i came back in there and their shit was still on the squat rack I would take whatever it is, pick it up, turn, toss it over the bench behind the squat rack and say don't ever come back in here on a monday again."

"I'd walk back to the squat racks. Throw my Gym bag to the floor. Its 5:30 on Monday. If somebody was stupid enough to be on the racks. They would get a "5 minutes" is all i would say. And If i came back in there and their shit was still on the squat rack I would take whatever it is, pick it up, turn, toss it over the bench behind the squat rack and say don't ever come back in here on a monday again."

What an idiot

you could learn a thing or two from mendelssons eating practices oni :p

Gotta love Coan's views on Karwoski 'He's part insane and part mad'

That world champion chick would have the biggest... come on someone say it.

Wow what a ****

Lol. You can't diss Captain Kirk, he's Captain Kirk. That bluster and attitude he has made him one of the greatest PLers in history.

There's only one Captain Kirk and it aint that moron.

You are ignorant of powerlifting history obviously. Few in the sport would question Kirk or his methods. Kirk is Kirk. Say what you want but the man is one of the greatest powerlifters in history so I think staying out of his squat rack is the least you could do.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo1tU1YqPp0[/ame]

Last edited:
I wasn't questioning his powerlifting methods.
I'm saying he's an idiot and you don't need to know anything about the history of powerlifting to realise that.

I wasn't questioning his powerlifting methods.
I'm saying he's an idiot and you don't need to know anything about the history of powerlifting to realise that.

TBH I don't think you could squat a 1000lbs raw unless you had that attitude and person. It's a mental feat as much as a physical feat.

TBH I don't think you could squat a 1000lbs raw unless you had that attitude and person. It's a mental feat as much as a physical feat.
So to be mentally strong you have to be a rude, arrogant egotistical prick
You really don't believe that do you Fluff?

I believe it, people who are arrogant and not quite "all there" tend to be very confident I wish I was like that I overthink a lot.

As Coan said, he was part mad and part insane. Kirk was a fucking psycho nutter but it also made him one of the greatest powerlifters ever. If all you're focusing on is a sound-byte from a doco then you're really missing the point.

Yeah tbh you gotta have a little wrong with you to get under a heavy weight. Not saying its a bad thing at all but its something i masochistically enjoy and that probably olds true to a lot of other people lol. Most people cap in strength because they start pussying out

Don't have to, but it certainly helps to have an alpha personality, dogged single mindedness and a healthy dose of madness.

Need help untwisting those panties darkoz? You cant expect the worlds greatest squatter to be all sunshine and rainbows.