• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Power racks

Oli is just venting because he is stressed due to end of year assignments and exams.

That and he is a pussy.

damn thats a nice setup, it seems to be only the cooperate ones have the J hooks. I dont see why you cant just buy them and slot them in the holes though.

(what brand is that Oliver04)

Thanks

Probably had to do it for "safety" reasons Oli.

Just cut them down if you don't like them mate, easy.

Oli is just venting because he is stressed due to end of year assignments and exams.

That and he is a pussy.

Another 8 to go :(

james madrox said:
damn thats a nice setup, it seems to be only the cooperate ones have the J hooks. I dont see why you cant just buy them and slot them in the holes though.

(what brand is that Oliver04)

Thanks

The brand is elitefts and is american, theyll rape you for shipping.

The muscle motion comes with j hooks. theyre really not that bad, just you have to change your form a little on the bench press.

Ben said:
Probably had to do it for "safety" reasons Oli.

Just cut them down if you don't like them mate, easy.

I'm getting to it mate. I don't think safety is a massive concern if the hooks have some lip.

None of these things really leave me sleepless, theyre just a few things I think a lot of people would appreciate on generation II.

Recap
- Shallower J-hooks
- Band pegs
- Deadlifting in the rack (this isnt a problem but in terms of economy of training its good to not have to get the bar in/out of the rack + space)
- Tighter pin spacing, though I wouldnt put this top of my priority list.

Just read through the whole thread ( first time poster )

gymdirect.com.au/item/7-Package-Deal_-Commercial-Power-Rack-+-Bench-+-Heavy-Duty-Olympic-Bar--+-175kg-Rubber-Olympic-plates/617.htm

I'm almost set on buying this, anybody recommend a different setup or is this the way to go?

Also who do i ask for a discount/quote?

Thats the best way to go I swear it. Keep any left over money for more 25kg plates or kettlebells/bumpers down the track.

Tell them you want to speak to Adrian and let him know you're a member of ausbb.

What do you guys think about the BPR02 Power Rack with High Low Pulley from gym direct, BPR02 Power Rack with High Low Pulley

It seems to not take up much room and the pull up bar is not to high so my head won't hit the ceiling when doing pull ups/chin ups. It has a lat pulldown and low row also and thinking to get the dip attachments with it also. What does everyone think?

The other one that looks good is MMPRWHLPS Power Rack with High Low Pulley MMPRWHLPS Power Rack with High Low Pulley

The only think that is a concern about this one for me is the height off the pull up bar as my roof is just over 2.2m high. I am wondering if the pull up bar can be turned over so it sits lower as I have heard people do this with the powertec rack when height is a issue...

So really I have narrowed it down to these two racks as the rest are to big for my area.

Last edited:
Get the MM one.. without the pulley. If you can afford it get the commercial one. I have the normal MM one, it's still great for my needs.

Last edited:
if you HAVE to get a pully still get the MM one, numerous members here have that rack.

You don't need the pulley, do pull ups...you'll get much more out of those. Save the money for a good bar and more weights.

I agree, dont worry about the cable attachment, save that for a better bar or more weights. I have the MM rack also and the room inside the rack is perfect, the first one looks cramped to be honest. Yes the pull up bar can be turned upside down, my ceiling is 2.4 and I can do close grip chins without any problem. The MM rack without attachment is 595 so an extra $50 is money well spent

The BPR02 power rack is a lighter duty rack and smaller than the others.

I noticed that the MMPRWHLPS Power Rack with High Low Pulley says it needs a 7th barbell, I currently have a standard size barbell and alot of plates. Will I be able to use these with it? Also is it definate that the chinup bar is reversable as my roof is only just over 2.2m. If I can use my current barbell with the MM I will definately get that.

Last edited:
Chin up bar on MMPR rack is reversible, so it arches down instead of up.
The rack is 4ft wide - 1220mm.
So, the inner collars of your barbell need to clear this, prefferably by 2 inches - 50mm each side, so yes, you need a bar with 1300mm clearance between inside collars.

You could always use spacers/extra collars on a shorter bar to make sure your plates clear the posts, but this would not be the best option long term.

Chin up bar on MMPR rack is reversible, so it arches down instead of up.
The rack is 4ft wide - 1220mm.
So, the inner collars of your barbell need to clear this, prefferably by 2 inches - 50mm each side, so yes, you need a bar with 1300mm clearance between inside collars.

You could always use spacers/extra collars on a shorter bar to make sure your plates clear the posts, but this would not be the best option long term.

Thanks for all the great information Hulk, I am going to do some measurements today and report back, if my bar will clear the posts this will be a definate buy.